Heated footwear

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by RyanW, Oct 3, 2022.

1. RyanW

RyanW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone tried heated socks or insoles that work well and last a season or two? My circulation in my legs is bad from a motorcycle wreck and MS. All the reviews that I have read on any brand are mixed at best. Thanks for any input, and good luck in the woods!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  2. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've used these for the past 3 seasons. They stopped working mid-way through last season, but I'm pretty sure it was my fault for just throwing them in the washing machine like a regular pair of socks. Worth every penny IMO. Buy an extra set of batteries and have toasty feet all day.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TV17J62/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A26BKHFSEFNUDI&psc=1

3. Limbhanger

Limbhanger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I suffered with cold feet for years and tried various solutions.

Tried Thermacell heated insoles, went through two sets, not worth the price and they do not last. You are basically walking on a circuit board and with my long walks they didn't even last a full Season. And another downfall when they are working, most have a battery pack under your heal which becomes very uncomfortable, as it gets very cold.

My best solution was good, heated socks, combined with cheap 12.00 electric insoles. My socks are 3 years old and still work as I have two pairs to rotate between. But as stated previously you cannot put them in a washing machine. must be hand washed without wringing them out, then line dried and they will last much longer.

They only problem with most heated socks, most only warm the toe box area, where on colder days I need more heat for the ball and heel area. This is where the cheap insoles come in and heat the ball area, and heel, combined with the socks heat the whole foot.

These cheap insolesAmazon.com: Dr.warm Heating Insoles USB Electric Power Thermal Soles for Men and Women Winter Hunting Boots Shoes Sneaker Ice Fishing Hiking Camping : Sports & Outdoors I power them with a power bank. Only downfall is. one must route the extension up each leg when getting dressed and leave the plug tucked in your pocket for later hook up to power bank in the stand.

This is my best solution so far, with cheap 12.00 insoles, at this price who cares if they break., as the set I have still work after 2 years, I just pull the regular sole pads out of my boots, when using these in their place. Other downfall is the leads are only about 8 inches where you hook your extension up and if you wear taller boots can be an issue if they come unplugged. My heavy boots are only about 8 inches as they have come unplugged but can still get to them and plug together once on stand.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
    dstouffer likes this.