Heartland Bowhunter TV Show.......

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by DropTine249, Mar 14, 2012.

1. DropTine249

DropTine249 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone watch this show ?

I caught it a few times and I think they get some really good footage and I have nothing but positive things to say about Mike from my experiences with him on Forums, but, the show was more like a music video with hunting; almost NO dialogue, no advice or tips, just product plugs and music.

Is this feeling shared by others ??

2. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    The last couple seasons seem to be moving more in that direction. The earlier seasons had a lot less of it.

3. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The cool part about this show is in the details. Maybe not what they say, but you see more of what they do. Sure they dont talk your ear off or have cheesy here comes the big buck music. I find the show much more interesting than seeing some guy in a treestand.

4. DropTine249

DropTine249 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think its a "bad" show, but, it's not something I look forward to watching. I liked them A LOT better when that Jeff guy was hosting the episodes; that was a good show. I would like to see a better balance; less music, more advice and discussing the strategy.

5. Rory/MO

Rory/MO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't missed an episode since season 1. Can't get enough of the show. I don't watch it for information. I watch it for the kills, and the camera work. My favorite hunting show on TV by far.

6. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't really watched it much since Jeff left. I love the video footage they produce I just enjoy hearing and seeing the stories that go along with it more. With his leaving they definetely went in a different direction.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

7. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I for one am glad Jeff left. Guy was as arrogant as they came, both in real life and on the show IMO. The seasons he was there I felt as if I was watching a 60 minutes episode interviewing him. The original season was more what they have gotten back to since Jeffs departure, he tried taking the show in a completely different direction to suit his personal interests and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he wasn't rooted out of the show rather than leaving.

The show has stagnated a bit now that they are several seasons into it, but I prefer watching these normal guys record Top shelf footage over wanna be rockstars who use $100k editing jobs to make their average footage attractive. I do wish they would branch out a bit and show a few different types of hunt, but that isn't the original goal of their show and I realize that.

I like many hunting shows, but watch zero of them on tv. Just don't have the time. I occasionally snag an HBTV episode online every now and then.

8. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    they are the best and they do give you advice you just saw the trailer . they may be a tv show but thaey remind me of a web base show you get to know each hunter very well and its all free chase they show hunts even if the dont connect they grow thier own deer by quality deer mangment nothing but positives for the show they also have facebooks and if you have any questions they answer right away id rather watch heartland bowhunter then any other hunting show.also they have the best camera work out there whne they show their 2011 show on facebook in july its amazing with HD and in my opinion mike is way better then jeff.Also id never by any hunting tv shows equitment but i have their season 3 4 and have hats from them lol they are the best!!!!!!!!!

9. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    also every week in they summer they put a new episode up every week and i count down the days untill the next episode thats how good they are

10. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    DVR the show and just watched the last episode last night where they got "Half Rack" an older buck with a bad right rear leg and had some type of deformation of his rack on his face......real ugly Buck imho.....good show though

11. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    From the looks of their new trailor they have the same thought. It looks like they have a lot more differenty types of hunts on it...

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I surely love it! Have watched all the online shows as I can`t see them on any tv-channel here in Norway. Yesterday I got season 1 and 2 + the pre-season on dvd, and season 3 and 4 on bluray. Can`t wait to get them up in HD over my 120" projector screen :-D

HB along with Outback Outdoors on Vimeo.com, and Live The Wild Life on youtube, is my fav. online shows so far. Anybody has links to other worth taking a look at?

13. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the show, but too much music for me.

14. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    They're one of the industry leaders in editing and cinematography quality...scratch that...they are the leaders. In fact, look how many self-aspiring film outfits (and even well established outfits) are emulating the style (glide tracks for panning, boom arms, time lapse, etc.).

I don't watch hunting shows for information (come on...do ANY shows really teach you anything other than the obvious "find the food source and bedding, and a travel route)? I watch it for entertainment. I HATE, HATE, HATE watching crap footage, poor editing, and TERRIBLE hunters with no camera presence. Probably why HB is one of the few shows I catch online occasionally.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012