Heartland Bowhunter Film School Review

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Sound Barrier, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Sound Barrier

Sound Barrier Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, this summer I went to the Heartland Bowhunter Film School. I wanted to share what I learned here with you guys, give my thoughts for all those who film, or who are thinking about it, and share if you should consider attending this school to help with your craft. Enjoy, and let me know any questions!

Adam

VIDEO: Heartland Bowhunter Film School Review - YouTube

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  2. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for reviewing this, I've actually been very interested in their film school. In my opinion, it is the best hunting show because it is hands down the most cinematic and the way that they edit film and take shots to tell stories blows my mind. I have a hard time evening finding those B-Roll shots I've taken over the years amongst hours and hours of film.

3. Sound Barrier

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, it is a lot of work finding old film and cuts, especially a year later sometimes. I think they put them in well labeled files for each episode/hunt and label shots well to help out the editing guys, but it still takes a ton of time and effort. They watch through every minute of footage when editing to find the ones they want! I guess if its your main job you have that time..

4. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Did they tell you how they go undetected with all of that gear in the tree?

Saw a picture they posted last night of their setup. Can't see that working around here.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  5. Sound Barrier

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure, pack in with 2 guys. I've found with one its just a lot of caution and extra time spent..

We have some stuff at our website that helps with all the extra equipment noise that is a problem

Sound Barrier Hunting | Sound Concealment Technology For Hunters