HD versus 4K camcorders

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JHasty, May 5, 2020.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys needing some advise from fellow hunters who self film their hunts. I am wanting to get into self filming this coming season and have been looking at some cameras. Some of the ones I have looked at have been Canon, Sony, and Panasonic cameras. I notice that the HD ones are several hundred dollars cheaper than 4K versions. Anywhere from $200 to $500 less. Can anyone tell me in the short version if one is better than the other. I get it if I was filming for television you would want the best of the best. Is there any benefit of 4K compared to HD? I want to have the best possible footage but at the same time I don't want to pay $500 more for a camera if you cant tell the difference in the video quality from HD to 4K. I am also looking for something user friendly. Ill be the first to tell you I'm not the greatest with technology and computers but I have been wanting to self film for while and I just worry that I will buy a camera and it will be so complicated to work that I will not want to mess with it and I will have wasted my money. Any help/advise from you guys would be greatly appreciated!!!

Tags: