HAWK treesticks

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by kurveball18, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Seth French

Seth French Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You will need 4 to get to a good height. I bought 2 of the 3 packs 2 years ago and I carry 4 or 5 sticks each time.

With 4 I can get up to 16' 5 gets me about 20'.

I don't use the rope hanging off trick though. I read about it online though. It's a good method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jmnhunter

Jmnhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    really liking my sticks, added a rope step for the first stick, some camoform where the sticks nest together to quiet them down. the sticks with my xstand xpedition comes in at 22lbs; real test will come this weekeend...

cant and tynimiller like this.
  3. cant

cant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. Jmnhunter

Dislikes Received:
    they worked great, only thing i need to figure out is a better way to strap them to my stand; with the extra rope step i can get up to 15' or so. alot of guys like to have the 4th step, in the thick woods where i'm at, that 15' range is high enough for me

cant likes this.
  5. cant

cant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thats awesome. Glad they worked great. I tried a lot of different ways of getting my sticks on my stand and ultimately went to the bungee cord set up. I didn't want to use the bungee cords but they ended up being the quickest and easiest way. I actually have the stick quiver for the LW sticks and don't use it. The Bungee cords are way less bulky and easier to just throw in a pocket or bag. I use an Aider step setup on attached to my first stick. Here is a link to what they are. https://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/s...inch-Aider-Ladder_10101320_10208_10000001_-1_

6. Jmnhunter

Dislikes Received:
    good to know Cant; do you use the synthetic bungees or the rubber ones? i'll experiement with those too instead of using one of the straps from the steps

cant likes this.
  7. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is a very effective way of adding some height to your setup. I've tried it on mine, but during low light conditions, when its well below freezing out, I found coming down to be a little tricky. Especially when I'm wearing insulated rubber boots with a little less dexterity. Since then, I've decided to remove them from my bottom stick.

8. Jmnhunter

Dislikes Received:
    i used a strap from a ratchet strap and put it through a 1/2" PVC pipe, its flexible enough to not break and helps aid in slipping your boot through

tynimiller likes this.
  9. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yup which is why I think come cold I'm only doing this to my last step, just to get that extra foot or two out of my set up and IF something happens I'm falling 2 feet to the ground instead of myab 15+ if I slip on the first step below stand.

10. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yup! I've also heard of guys using bike tubes cut or even leather by one dude.

11. kspseshooter

kspseshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I did the rope/versa button mod on mine, makes a great stick even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I did the same thing on my first stick. I used the suspension relief strap off a harness that I dont use. First stick go's on the tree as high as I can reach. I can pretty much get the height of 3 sticks with only using 2 and the step on the first. Plenty high enough when the leaves are still on the trees

13. cant

cant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use some cheap synthetic ones from Home Depot. The were a little to long so I just tied knots in them to get them to a better length

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

14. Hammerin Hank

Hammerin Hank Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just bought a set for this season. Also liked that you can buy singles. I ended up buying a 3 pack and then bought a single from Simmons sporting goods for 35 bucks plus shipping. I outfitted them with stealth strips and have practiced a couple times with them. The feel really solid and like others have mentioned having foot pedals on both sides is what I was looking for. I nest two of them together and attach them on either side of my XOP stand with bungies. It is about the most affordable run and gun setup I could piece together.

Also if you are looking for better straps to carry your stand with, go on ebay and buy a set of us military molle 2 shoulder straps and hip belt. Attached perfectly to my stand and man what a difference in comfort!