Has the internet created a "false passion" for bowhunting?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MrSimon, Jan 10, 2018.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I don't disagree with people filming their hunts or enjoying watching bowhunting videos. I watch a lot of videos. I also may film a hunt in the future. I was just stating that it shouldnt come as a surprise when people just want to see the kill portion of the video and not the story. They have nothing invested in it. I like the story of the hunt myself. But I still stand by my earlier comments that I believe we have gone to far with making hunting cool on tv and the web.

Long live the hunt brothers, you know I support you in whatever you want to make of it.

2. DeepSouthDad

DeepSouthDad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think most of the traffic of these shows are passionate hunters who have no time or direct access to the woods. I watch a few of these shows myself, I also watch tons of spear fishing/scuba videos which is something else I am passionate about but unfortunately I don’t have the means to live out my dreams of spearfishing everyday during the summer and bowhunting everyday during the winter. The reality is, the stars have to align just right for me to be able to go diving and bow season is only a few months a year and passes way to fast when you only get to go a a couple of times a month. I envy those who get to spend enough time in the woods or water to make these films.

So no I don’t think it’s driving some false passion but provides a way for passionate people to share moments with other passionate people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

w33kender likes this.
  3. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think it depends on the individual.
    I watch some of these shows and enjoy watching (some) of them. Especially during the off season. Its a way for me to "re-live" fall during the winter.
    That being said, I have a friend that is a hunter that I'm pretty sure spends more time watching other people hunting than doing anything himself.
    So I think for some, it might be a motivational tool to get your ass off the couch, while for others it has the opposite effect.