Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Has anyone ever heard of a rack trap?

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by huebjac, Jan 12, 2012.

1. huebjac

huebjac Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if it works. Doesn't seem like a bad way to find some free bone. Obviously not many people would buy it for $230 but it doesn't seem like like it would be that hard to make.

"In the evolution of the Rack Trap Antler Trap,our main concern has always been to promote the casting of antlers without causing harm to the animal. Unlike other shed traps that entangle the deer's antlers causing potential harm,The Rack Trap Antler Trap is designed to simply and effectively apply pressure to the antlers, encouraging the natural shedding process as the deer is feeding."

There are videos of it actually working on the home page check it out see what you think. Im not trying to seel the product or anything, just seeing what people think.

http://www.racktrap.com/Home_Page.html

2. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have and would love to try one BUT it is illegal to bait in Illinois. So with that said I will not!

3. bigbuckfever

bigbuckfever Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I know a few guys who have tried something similiar to those, they really dont work. They did get a few but not worth the money to buy one. You probably would just as good of luck building something yourself. IMO

4. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would'nt waste my money on that thing. You can make something similar and use bunge cords instead.

5. huebjac

huebjac Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    haha yeah. i already started making it w/ bungee cords. oll let you guys know how it works

6. Scljrl

Scljrl Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Made a couple using bungee cords and a feed pan you can buy at Fleet Farm. 2x4's, bungees, feed pan, made 4 for ~$50. Will send pics when I can with any sheds found.