Hank Parker Swhacker promo!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ultraclassic01, May 12, 2011.

1. ultraclassic01

ultraclassic01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just curious if anyone else had this problem. Hank Parker has a promo for 6 Swhacker broadheads for 34.95. I went and paid 34.95 with my PayPal account for the 34.95 and got a receipt. I noticed that there was not any charge for shipping and none was billed on my invoice so I thought it was free shipping. I get an email today from the company that is handling this promo saying that I owe 6.95 in shipping and then they will send the broadheads out. I think that they should have sent the promo out just for good customer service and bite that bullet on their mistake. PayPal said they can do this or in my case I just, asked for a credit and told them to keep their promo. They really could not care less on what I thought. You know the feeling, just another pea in the pod. It is to bad that now, everytime I see his face on TV I am going to have to change the channel. Or maybe I will just take a picture of his face and put it on my deer for target practice. Oh by the way as I said in the beginning of this post, just wondering if anyone else had this problem with them. I really did not have a problem with paying the shipping however when I called it was the way they handled the customer.:rant:

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Out of principle I would not order Shwacker broadheads just due to the way Hank says the word "Shhhhhwaaaacker". I want to slap him across the lips every time he says that dang word or he talks about the HUGE blood trail they leave each time they shoot an animal. :)

3. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I've been doing that for many, many years now

4. ultraclassic01

ultraclassic01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Swhacker

Thanks for the feedback guys, I am starting to feel better. This sight is great therapy!

5. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't stand Hank or his kids. Q

6. longtine

longtine Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i agree..not my kind of guy

7. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When you start every show with dumping a bunch of c'mere deer all around your stand, it kind of takes away from the experience.

8. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Hank needs to stick to fishing shows IMO!

9. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What brand of dynomite does he endorse?

sorry, had to.

10. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed. My dad and I used to watch his show on Sunday morning a long time ago, then hit the water in the afternoon.

But this CMERE Deer stuff and all the other junk on those hunting shows is just irritating.

11. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still amazed they couldn't come up with anything better than "Swhacker" to call their product.

12. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Because of him well, maybe not him but, his supposed great results from the product did influence me to buy $125.00 worth of C'mere Deer last season that didn't work for anything but keeping them away it seemed. I won't even think about buying the Shwacker broad heads. Last season was my first season of hunting whitetail so I spent many $100.00 bills on attractants to get my first one. Hank can keep all those products he gets paid big $ for endorsing. I wont be buying anything but food plot supplies and Monster Raxx this year and i won't be watching any show that has him on it either.

13. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hank not withstanding, has anyone used these broadheads to see if they are any good? The concept looks good. Just curious.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

14. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
  15. ngabowhunter

ngabowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    :rock::rock::lol::lol:

16. ultraclassic01

ultraclassic01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hank Parker.com Responds

On May 13, 2011, at 10:38 AM, Daniel Dye wrote:

Jack,
    I tested the shipping charges on Hank's site. The two screen shots show that the shipping charges are being displayed to customers before payment is made. One of two things may have happened. 1. You went through the purchasing process out of order. 2. You may have overlooked the stated shipping charges displayed on Hank's site AND on the Paypal page.

The promotion has been live for two weeks and you are the first customer who has experienced an issue with the shipping charges. I am not authorized to give you a discount, but seeing as you are a Hank Parker fan I can send you an autographed photo and one of his fishing DVDs. I'll need your address. And, we will be appreciative if you could post on the forums that we assisted you with this issue in a timely manner.

Best,
    Daniel

Just want to give Hank Parker.com a salute for getting back to me so quick.
    This is the email I received from them. I want to give them credit for their response and trying to achieve good customer service.

17. ultraclassic01

ultraclassic01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hank Parker.com Responds

Jack,
    The company that is handling the sales of Hank's broadheads has never done business in this manner. They were established in 2004. If indeed they ran their sales in this manner they would not be around today. Before you give up on Hank and change the channel, let me send your concern to these guys. I will let you know what went wrong as soon as I get an answer from them.

Now this is what I call customer service. I can handle this and want to say thanks to these people for getting back to me so quick and looking into the problem.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

18. ultraclassic01

ultraclassic01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Item Price Qty Total
    Item #: HKP-ETXLSSWHACKER 100 Grain Broadhead Set
    Estimated Ship Date:05/11/2011
    $34.95 1 $34.95
    Subtotal $34.95
    Shipping $0.00
    Grand total $34.95
    This is how my invoice printed!

19. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is all this squable over $6.95 for shipping charges ? almost the cost of a gallon of gas ? I mean you still got 2 packs of broadheads for $41.00 , $20.50 each , why cant you just except it ??

this is what you posted

Jack,
    I tested the shipping charges on Hank's site. The two screen shots show that the shipping charges are being displayed to customers before payment is made. One of two things may have happened. 1. You went through the purchasing process out of order. 2. You may have overlooked the stated shipping charges displayed on Hank's site AND on the Paypal page.

20. ultraclassic01

ultraclassic01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    There is a great customer service!

This is the last post for this thread for me. I went up to paypal to see if a credit was issued for the Swhacker promo and it showed a 0 balance, I called the 800 number for the promo and talked to a wonderful lady named Markay. She looked up my account and said that the broadheads have been shipped out and I should receive them tomorrow. She stated that they did have a problem on the website where the shipping did not show up on about 6-8 orders and that this has now been corrected. Markay is handling the promotion now and this is what a call great customer service. She even gave me time to read some of the comments that were posted on the forums. She also stated that this promotion was only 2 weeks old and they were still working the bugs out. I really think that the first two people I talked to had now clue to what I was referring to. My hat is off to Markay and the way she handled my issue with that concept of great customer service.
    I want to thank all the people that expressed views on this thread. I could not wait to get home during the last several days to view them. They were all very entertaining. Thanks guys and girls!!!!! Now if I get a deer next season with these it will be bitter sweet!:nana: