Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Halon 32 axle to axle question ???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Velvetbuck, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Velvetbuck

Velvetbuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Same here the zebras aren't really that good that's why I use ABB's also. but I think I'm just going to leave it alone it's shooting awesome and I'm getting perfect Bullet holes threw paper and I have no other issues besides the ata.

2. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is the one that really rubs me wrong... There is no excuse for this.

The other two aren't in a critical area. They are on the cables serving for the roller guard, but on the ends not where they travel through the roller.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. Velvetbuck

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah zebras are known for that serving to separate by the dloop that's why I switch them out and won't shoot zebras. I only use ABB's I've never had any issues with then at all this is the first little thing I've had and everyone is telling me it's fine so I really don't have an issue I was just curious about everyone's ata versus mine. But if I were you I'd get some ABB's.

4. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The strings are fine, peep is staying in place etc. I will just have that reserved if it gets any worse. I have this bow shooting great and don't want to mess with it.

5. Velvetbuck

Dislikes Received:
    Well it's official mathews head tech just called me back they have a quater inch tolerance in both directions of the 32 some come a little long and some come a little short he said of 32 at least if it's within a quarter inch either way your fine .

6. Velvetbuck

Dislikes Received:
    I think I'm going to leave it alone being it's tuning perfect I have correct brace and poundage and getting perfect bullet holes threw paper i have it at 32 1/8 exactly now im going to re check it after about 500 to 1000 shots and go from there.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    My Halon 32 measures exactly 32 1/8" axle to axle at 71 lbs with a set of ABB platinum strings and cables.

8. Velvetbuck

Dislikes Received:
    OK awesome so the same as mine then mines at 32 1/8 exactly right now. Thanx alot for measuring yours I really appreciate it.

9. Velvetbuck

Dislikes Received:
    But I think I know why these strings run a 1/8 long. I'm pretty sure it's cause the serving size on the end loops. if you look at stock zebras the end loops are not served it's just string end loops that look kinda thin and abb platinums serve the end loops for more durability and look very nice and thick. So you figure about 1/16 on each side give or take equaling into about 1/8 of ata length it makes sense why everything else would match up and tune up correctly right at that ata of 32 1/8.

10. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mine is the same as yours and I have custom strings. Botton line is this if the bow tunes and shoots well you don't have to have an exact measurement of 32 inch. As I see the tech came back most manufactures have an ATA measure with a +/- delta. Ultimately as long as the bow fits you and it shoots an arrow straight and consistently it does not matter if the specs are off a little.

For example if you are getting the draw weight you want, brace height and the accuracy don't sweat it. :tu:

But if it bugs you that much twist it up till you are exactly 32 and fully spec tuned.

11. Velvetbuck

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I'm leaving it cause if I add a half twist it makes it 1/8 under 32 inches so I'm leaning it at 32 1/8 plus mathews head tech told me they have a quater inch tolerance in both directions of 32 inches and as long as your within that your good they said. Then they went on to tell me to not use custom strings and only use there's lmao that's not going to happen unless zebra brings there quality up alot especially there servings. But I'm not touching it I'm going to re check it after about 1000 shots to see if anything moved but I'm good where it's at its shooting lights out.

12. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe I missed it, but a question. Are you measuring the ATA on the shelf side of the bow?

13. Velvetbuck

Dislikes Received:
    No I was measuring the other side of the bow bow why ?

14. Velvetbuck

Dislikes Received:
    Wow Holly crap it's actually at 32 on the shelf side of the bow that's weird why would it be like that with no noticeable cam lean and the limbs look perfectly straight and even with each other is this because how the avs system is built or something???

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  15. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    BINGO. Because the shelf side is where you measure ATA.

Tags: