Ground Blind Help!

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by brazel_dazel, Feb 24, 2014.

1. brazel_dazel

brazel_dazel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking at getting a ground blind as I am planning a Pronghorn hunt as well as a couple of Spring turkey hunts this year. I want something with lots of mesh windows, sets up quickly and as I will most likely be doing some hiking with it, compact and lightweight. However, another challeng arises as I want to stick two adults in there. I am looking at the Brickhouse from Ameristep. I thought I would turn to the forums for suggestions. What do you hunt out of? What do you like/dislike about it? Are there any features that are MUST HAVES for you? Thanks guys!

2. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have an old Double Bull Matrix I believe, before they were bought by Primos.

For me, the important things are the quality of the fabric, ease of transport/set up, and quiet, 360 shooting availability. Some use 550 cord, magnets, zippers, etc, but try 'em bout and see which one is best for you.

Quiet though, is probably my top priority.

3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had the brickhouse and really liked it. It sets up pretty easy and has pretty decent window coverage. Me personally I took the mesh windows off but yhe visibility is pretty good with them on. It would fit two people with no problem. I left it out over the year and its messed uo but I'll probably get another.

Also had a barrnet blind, not sure which model, which was ok and had lots of room. The main thing I didn't like was the zippered windows and the fact that once you unzipped them they had to be rolled up to be able to shoot through. That's not much of a problem if set up and have everything opened but if the situation arises where u need to open one up it could cause problems. Out of the two I've had this one probably opens up a little more but that could be good and bad I guess.

4. brazel_dazel

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! I didn't even consider quiet fabric. The thought never crossed my mind. You would think that ALL hunting blinds should be made from quiet fabric! hahaha

5. brazel_dazel

Dislikes Received:
    Can you shoot through the mesh windows? How does that affect arrow flight?

6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea you can shoot through them depending on broadhead. I have a mechanical and don't know if you can with them, never tried, but have heard of people that have. If you do and it starts to get tore up you can replace the mesh too.

7. brazel_dazel

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the advice fellas!
    I shoot mainly fixed blade broadheads, just wanted to know outo f curiousity about shooting through the mesh more than anything.