Ground blind demensions / tips

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by JJD, Jul 31, 2013.

1. JJD

JJD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am about to purchase my first ground blind and am hoping for some advice.

I have a chair and a stool that are about the same height. When sitting on either, ground to top of bow is about 61 inches. Considering that dimension, what is the minimum height you'd go with? Will 62 inches be ok or is there something else I have not considered?

I have been told that some mesh screens are easier to see out of than others, any recommendations?
    Are the shoot through types ok?

I don't plan on packing it in and out a lot, I will be able to set it up and leave it for the most part. So weight is not a huge issue.

Any advice or tips on what works well and what to stay away from would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I read the articles listed at the top of this forums page on ground blinds.

2. b_walte15

b_walte15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most blinds are fairly lightweight and easy to use. I have had both pop-up style and hub style and both worked fine. I just left them out the whole season and bought a plastic chair to leave in them so the rats and/or squirrels don't chew them up. About the mesh- both of mine had it to where the mesh was attached with Velcro and I took them off because Im not real sure how they affect arrow flight

3. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't be more happy with my barronet grounder 350. One of the better hunting purchases I've made recently. Plenty of room, easy to setup, easy to take down, and better quality than a lot blinds out there. I highly recommend this blind and I also like the barronet big mike blind.