Greetings from Southern California!

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Tryptaview, May 21, 2020.

1. Tryptaview

Tryptaview Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everybody glad to be a member of this forum and hopefully learn quite q bit while im here. Been hunting muzzleloader for about a year so still pretty green but my 5 year old son decided to get into archery and i thought why not add more days to my season! Bought a Bear Species and have bern having some issues getting myself lined up. Where would i post a pic of my form to get some pointers? Thanks in advance and look forward to being a part of the group!

Eddiem0nster likes this.
  2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the forum. Feel free to post right here. Please ask any questions you think of as well. The best strategy for bow hunting is gathering information.

Tryptaview likes this.
  3. Tryptaview

Tryptaview Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome thank you! Well Due to a mix up at bass pro and fedex i received 2 bear archery species at 70#. Now both bows have the same issue but im not sure if the issue is with the bows or myself. I have a 72" wing span and put the draw at 28". Ive tried up to an 1.5" shorter and 1.5" longer but no matter what i do i cant get my anchor to line up with what all the info points to as a perfect line up which is string at tip of nose and corner of mouth anchoring index knuckle under ear (i use a tru wrist release) my nock point ends up way behind my mouth and half way back from my nose ( though i got a big one haha). If i adjust the string to hit those points my peep lands way too low on both bows so is it me or the peep sights? I feel like im squishing my head down to see through the peep when the anchor points are correct. The pic is of how i feel comfortable with the bow. Id appreciate any help so i can finally get to really practicing. Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. BuckHunterUnlimited

BuckHunterUnlimited Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    BTW, this bow is a great bow, as Ted over at the Hunting Public shoots it and he kills a lot of animals with it . One pic and over the net is going to be first impressions. Have you been to a bow shop for measurements, and had the RTH setup checked for center shot? Your draw seems long in the pic. It may feel comfortable, but your peep may be off and you are compensating for it. Your Bear has an idler wheel at the top and a yoke. The bow shop can use the cable twists evenly to help hone in your actual draw length. I see you do not have a kisser button. Some like, some don't. Some never use them, some do. I have one, but I use it and the tip of my nose for consistency. One thing would be to get a kisser button, see if you can get a consistent anchor in the corner of your mouth. They are easy to take off later, if you get your draw length worked out, and you decide you do not want it. Feel free to post any new updates.