Greetings from Fort Sill!

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by ironduck, Jan 28, 2022.

1. ironduck

ironduck Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had archery in junior high school with recurve bows.

I always thought if I hunted with a bow, it would be with a recurve bow. To me, that looks like the most elegant bow style there is. At school, we had recurve bows for PE. I like the traditional quiver over the back as well. I saw bow hunting features in OL magazines as a boy. I once asked my grandfather about what he thought of bow hunting and he told me to go on, kid, get out of here. He must have discouraged me from giving it any more thought. He wouldn't dare put a scope on his hunting rifles he was so old-fashioned. He thought scopes were cheating. I must confess that I have only hunted deer and squirrel with a scoped rifle to date going against my gramps' wishes in that regard.

But I digress. A recurve bow looks much more elegant than a compound bow. Certainly bow hunting deer is more challenging than gun hunting deer. A bow is not as long range as a rifle or even a slug gun. A bow is not as easy to shoot accurately as a long gun. Archery does, however, give deer hunters more seasonal opportunities.

Any recurve bow hunters here? If so, please share with this board any such recurve-bow hunting experiences.