Great lakes states, might want to make a call.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Germ, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great insight here, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe the trumpets are just embarrassed by the fact they were sold a lie and supported a bigoted, messogonistic, pathological liar, who at the end of the day doesn't care if they live or die.

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What we're embarrassed by are you bunch of liberal pricks.

4. Parker70

Dislikes Received:
    Actually I'm an AR totting pro-life Catholic. I just have enough sense to see what some others don't.

5. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    From your prior comment I'd say your a GD liar.

6. Parker70

Dislikes Received:
    What in my prior comment suggests I'm a liberal? All it suggests is Trump is full of it and I know it.

7. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Your entire post. Maybe I was mistaken and you're just an idiot. I'm not sure there's a big difference.

8. Parker70

Dislikes Received:
    You must have aced reading comprehension at Trump university.

9. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    You must have aced ****** bag philo 101-110.

10. Parker70

Dislikes Received:
    Ew good one?.?.?.?

11. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As I suspected. If you dig a little you find out there is much duplication. At minimum both the EPA and Dept of the Interior (US fish and wildlife service). Their website mention collaboration between 15 federal agencies.

There is also the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.

I can easily see consolidation of this under just one organization and I would think the US Fish and Wildlife Service would be the better organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

12. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ……………….

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is not about left or right, libs or conservatives. It's just about right and wrong, it's about being a conservationist. Anyone remember what a conservationist is these days? It's about making a call to your senator or congressmen to protect what we have damage throughout our recent history here on earth and try and restore as much as we can.

If wanting to keep the Great Lakes clean for recreation, camping, hunting, and fishing makes me liberal to some, so be it. My God what has the hunting community become, when we fight over working to improve lands for what we say we love and cherish.

Are some of you that far gone? God forbid we end a subsidy for an oil company or two, let's stop investing in one of the jewels of this country. The Great lakes are a jewel, I would hope a lot of you get to enjoy them some day as I and my family has. It's about the picture below, like many of you I want items cut, budgets balanced and a future for my kids. I also want them to enjoy the great places we have here, if we can't work together to save those, honestly what the **** is wrong with us. We almost lost the lakes in the 60's over greed, I guess we truly don't learn from our own history.

ZachLake.jpg

14. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Let's keep the name calling out of this, boys.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Liberal lemmings want to blame the politician that they did not elect, then they will blame evil big business for polluting the Great Lakes. I would bet that the lakes are compromised and polluted by the millions of people that live near the great lakes or recreate on the lakes. From fertilizer run off to recreation individuals have as much impact as the evil corporations.

16. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have lived around the great lakes my entire life aside my years in military service. I have spent countless days wading, fishing, boating, water skiing, layout hunting, and no doubt drinking the water that comes from them.
    I simply want a return on my investment. I don't play favorites. I believe most government agencies have bloated budgets and could do more with less money. I also don't believe government agencies are perfect. Look at the water crisis in Flint.
    Job creation is important. When GM left Flint their tax base died and their funding for infrastructure went into the crapper. Things went down hill from there.

Like it or not we are all in this together. I'm watching this with great interest but I'm not going to have some emotionally driven knee jerk reaction.

17. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Something has to give. No 2 ways about it. Priorities have to be set and not everyone is going to like where their pet project is going to fall on that list. Look at all the free govt hand outs, basically welfare type. Workers have to take a drug test to get a job to pay for that but when talk is for the recipients be required to a drug test is infringing on their rights. Thanks to UCLU and LGBTQ and other groups with big money behind them seem to come out on top. The Trump hating Demo's sure showed their true colors at the POTUS speech Tuesday night. As long as they keep acting like that how can anything be resolved? Sorry loser's, every one of them.

18. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We've been having the sender thing happen in this state, Illinois, for the past two years. Everyone gets there panties in a wad because the new republican governor has been proposing cuts all over the place. If there's not enough money to make it work then why wouldn't it's be needed. Can you or I call our bank and say "Hey I know I keep over drawing my checking account but I can't stop spending money on blank, so just let it slide until I figure something." I'm sure there's plenty of room to cut funding to some government agencies and they'd still be able to do their job. It would be pretty naive to think all that money in the budget goes to what it's supposed to and doesn't get wasted. Again if you look at this state there were agencies getting funding for something from years ago that was no longer needed and their excuse to keep it in budget was, well we got it last year. So as much as I love the outdoors and hunting if they can go through any agencies and fund ways to save money then why not?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

19. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I'd say stop whining and moaning about it until you see the final cut of the budget proposal. Right now you're just crying over something you have no idea how it'll work out. They may cut it out and ignore the problem or they may cut that funding and reallocate some they cut somewhere else and take a different approach that'll work out better in the long run.

Screaming that repubs and Trump are going to let the environment go to hell is just utter BS. Step back and take a breath and stop jumping to conclusions. For one thing the EPA has always been overzealous as are the environmental groups and they make up a lot of BS for a lot of different reasons like grants, power, control, etc...or they over inflate facts. Besides the states and people around those lakes should take better care of them since they are the ones impacting the pollution problems.

20. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Obama tried to cut the Great Lakes budget for three straight years by $50 million. The cuts were rejected by congress each time by Republicans and Democrats. They are concerned about the invasive Asian carp. So, there is no way they are gonna let Trump gut the program by 97% and I doubt he truly wants to do that.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017