Got it done on public land in NH

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Ram_n_arrows, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Ram_n_arrows

Ram_n_arrows Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well. First deer of the year is in the books for me.
    Shot this Spike (thought it was a doe when I shot ) at 25 yards. Monday morning around 830 am. He came in about 2 hours after a doe and fawn that I passed. I though he was a lone doe and took the shot. Didn't know he had spikes till I found him.
    Shot went throu front shoulder blade and buried into offside shoulder knuckle taking out both lungs in the process. I only had an entrance hole but the blood wasn't a problem to follow, and who said over the top mechs make small entrance holes?! Arrow bounced out and still haven't found it. Lil guy ran 100-120 yards in about 15 seconds. Thankful for a great day in the woods, and about 40lbs of tasty venison in the freezer . Dressed out at 123lbs. All tagged out in Nh. On to Mass.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on your spike, cant eat the antlers!! Best of luck to you in Mass. Post more pics when you score.

3. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! Well done!

4. Ram_n_arrows

Ram_n_arrows Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. Your right, can't eat antlers. I will hold off on younger bucks in mass though. I have 2 buck tags and 3 doe tags. Also have a Maine buck tag. Should be a great year!