got a new bow, for the wife this time.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by the mechanic, Mar 12, 2011.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my wife is small, shes 5'1'' and about 110lbs at the most. so i spent a lot of time looking at small frame/kids bows to find one that would fit her, and i finally decided on the Hoyt Ruckus. it seems to be the easiest to adjust for draw length and weight. and with 18-28" of adjustment i should be able to get it perfect for her. she was talking about hunting more next year, and i decided this would be the perfect way to get her more motivated about it. below is a picture of her new bow next to mine. so, what do you guys think? good decision?

[​IMG]

2. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good decision! Now you can get her into bowhunting a lot, and buying targets and stuff should be easier to swing... because "WE" need to practice for the upcoming season :tu:

3. the mechanic

Dislikes Received:
    well, its not getting her into it, shes been shooting bows since she was real little, and has been hunting for a while too. but over the past few years or so she hasnt had a chance to. she deployed to iraq the same time i did, and then we had two kids, those things tend to get in the way. so its more about getting her back into it.

4. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Does she like the bow? Oh... Yes she does? Okay then. Good decision. :)

Good luck and congrats to her and you.

5. the mechanic

Dislikes Received:
    well, maybe i should have said in my first post that she doesnt know about either of the bows in that picture. theyre both going to be a surprise next time i go home. im stationed in new jersey and she lives at home in upstate ny with the kids. so i actually have no idea what she thinks about them yet.

6. huddo

huddo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If she likes surprises like that you're onto a winner. If she don't you're in deep doo-doo. Good choice for a bow for her. I bought the cook a Matthews Menace a while back cos' I wanted more of her company in the bush but it hasn't worked out that way. With it's massive draw length and draw weight adjustment it has become a great teaching aid for the kids(4 girls). It certainly spits out those arrows with some venom. Good luck.

7. Bails-UK

Bails-UK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats a nice bow , I'm after something for my G/F ...... who just happens to be about 5,1" so I'll be taking a look at this bow :)

8. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I too am in the market for a bow for my girlfriend. She is a little taller and only weighs 115. I know ill never get her hunting, she might sit with me one day, but I know she'd shoot targets with me so I'm okay with that. She held and drew back the mission menace and liked that. But I need to do some more research. In the end a great excuse for me to set up a 3d range!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. the mechanic

Dislikes Received:
    after i bought it i went and looked at all the other top names, and this one seems to be the most adjustable and about the best priced for what you get. i got the bare bow for well under 300. i could have gotten the whole package deal for a little over 300, but i already had a bunch of stuff ive never used that i could put on it, and i figured the stuff that comes in the package would be less than top shelf. so i just went ahead and put what i had on it. i would highly suggest this bow for anyone who is small framed, be it wife girlfriend or child, and it could grow with a kid.

10. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    she should have fun shooting that, good luck.

11. the mechanic

Dislikes Received:
    i hope she likes it. i cant see why she wouldnt. and thanks for all the good words.

12. SCK

SCK Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Awww Crap!:mad: And I thought somebody had found a place to git an even trade for their wives on a new bow.:sad: