good place in mn to bow fish.

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by coreyp, Feb 19, 2012.

1. coreyp

coreyp Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I live in MN and was wondering what are some of the good lakes for bowfishing that are around white bear lake or Chisago lakes area.

thanks CP

2. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm west of the Twin Cities 70 miles but there's carp damn near In every lake here In central, eastern and southern Minnesota. Lake Minnetonka Is a huge lake and I'd bet there's plenty of carp In there. Whatever lake you decide to check out go along the weed lines on the edge of the lake. If you can't find any lakes where you are come over to my area here In Meeker and Stearns County. We have plenty of lakes around here that are Infested with these fricking carp. We got some hogs here too. I've shot many In that 30 to 36 pound range.

3. coreyp

coreyp Newb

Dislikes Received:
    very nice to know! when do u hunt them at night or during the day? and if at night are u able to leave the lights on all the time or are fish scared of the light?

CP

4. PCOutfitters

PCOutfitters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I live in central MN and do a lot of bowfishing in the summer. If you want any advice just PM me! But as for the basics, my buddies and I usually go out at night with a bowfishing deck I made for my boat with lights on it powered by a generator. They're a lot easier to see at night with lights than during the day but you can still shoot quite a few during the day without having to build a deck or buy lights. As far as where to go, usually shallow lakes are the easiest to hunt. Anywhere along the Mississippi in channels or along the banks in shallower areas can hold a good number. If you're going out during the day then polarized sunglasses are a MUST I should add.

5. coreyp

coreyp Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thank you for all the info!

CP

6. MarlonSamules

MarlonSamules Newb

Dislikes Received:
    5200 Maryland Way # 101, Brentwood, TN 37027
    Oh bowfishing is a perfect time-pass, and for those who love adventure. I would prefer you to go Chicago since it's safe and you will enjoy bowfishing there more.