Good Luck To All

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Iowa Veteran, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I won't be competing this year as we sold our place and I lost quite a bit of the grounds I had permission on due to ownership changes.

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No reason not to get in on the contest though. If your hunting you should be in!!! Regardless of land size. And congrats on finally selling the place!

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bummer! Congrats on selling! I hope you get to hunt!

4. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Bittersweet I suppose. Congrats on selling, though. I know how frustrating that was for you at times.

5. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know if I'll be able to hunt this year. I'm doing what I can to ensure it, but until I secure some land, it's doubtful. I'm looking at two different properties here in Iowa and two properties in Missouri right now (for hunting).

6. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I say join. It's all for fun anyway.

7. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I sat out last year because of school. Didnt want to be dead weight for a team, as we all love competition. Do what you feel is right sir!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s4

8. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on selling your place! I'm in the contest and I have no where to hunt. I can't hunt deer in Utah (can't get tags this late in the year) and if I'm going to hunt the public land in IL I have been hunting, I still need to put in 21 hours of volunteer time.... and there's that little issue of driving from Utah to Illinois.........

....and yet, I'm weirdly optimistic that somehow, somewhere, I will bowhunt deer this season. :D

9. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last night I was offered exclusive rights to about 33 acres of timber for this year. He went on to offer to sell it to me for $1,200 per acre if I am interested. It a piece that is landlocked and I will have to hike in about a mile to get to it. Decisions will have to be made after I close on the sale of this place.

10. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thats a good price! Congrats on selling your place. I would have been all over it if I wasnt swallowed up with student debt. I wouldnt have minded the little commute to work lol.

11. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in Mark's boat but still have my properties. I might take a week off in November to hunt but not sure yet. We close on the wife's new Barbie Dream Palace on Oct. 5th and there are a few things to take care of before we move in (Fence, painting, etc), so the entire month of October will be a no go. I think it will be a blessing in disguise as I know where the big bucks will be after missing one last year but I just don't need to stress of the contest this year:)

12. SLINGnMISS

SLINGnMISS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Legally speaking. They can't landlock you. You must have access to your property.

13. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty sure that they can unless there is an easement on the surrounding properties

14. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In Iowa, easement to a landlocked property is through the shortest route that impedes on the least amount of landowners. The landowner to the south will have to give me easement.

15. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just Play ya buncha pansies!!!J, don't make me come over there and smack you around!

16. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Like anyone would have to worry about that....

17. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hahahahaha. I will have a lot on my plate this year. We close on the new house October 4th and it will be my first week in my new role at work which will have me managing 15-30 people at any given time. We are also listing the property in Hayward this weekend so I might have to make a trip or two up there to clean out the place plus we are still cleaning out the father in laws house. We also have our house on the market now so that is extra stress. I'm planning on using the second week of November to slip into a spot that doesn't get hunted on the property and hope to enjoy the few days in stand I will have this year. I know two big deer that will feel safe for the first 40 days of season, hopefully that will enable me to score in the little time I have.