Going Mobile/ supporting the community

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by NY/Al, Jul 29, 2009.

1. NY/Al

NY/Al Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well Ive been trying it out the last few years with some cheapo climbing sticks and a heavy arse steel stand, didnt like that. Then I tried a climber, aluminum, but still heavy, plus it wont go where I want it to go. Since it was my birthday the other day the little lady hooked me up with a gift certificate to ****'s so I decided to spend it all...and then some...on a set of lone wolf sticks. The 3 pack came in around 130 bucks, but after using them I would say that the are definatly worth it. I can safely get up 12-13 feet with the three sticks but I was looking for something a little more, so I just ordered another stick and a tree hopper climbing belt.

I am finally over the deep end now so this little expirament better pan out, in the form of antlers this fall!

2. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    good luck. I am fixing to invest in a set of muddy sticks and stand myself.

3. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So what stand are you going to hang atop them?

4. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just got my Muddy sticks and stand yesterday and I can't wait to get them out and try them. I ordered the 4 pack of sticks with 2 extra. That should easily get me to 25'. The stand is very well made and has tons of adjustability, yet is very light. What sold me was when I saw the sticks at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year. I've always liked the Lone Wolf sticks, but knew I would need 2 packs to get to the heights I want and at $130 a pack, YEESH. I also wasn't a fan of having a step only on one side. The Muddy system is really cool and have a great attachment system that should minimize noise.

OK, enough of the Muddy commercial.

I've thought for several years the hang-on/sticks combination had a lot of merit I just couldn't justify ditching my climber at the cost. I think with the right combination though it will be a deadly set up.

NY/Al what stand will you be using with the Lone Wolf sticks?

5. NY/Al

NY/Al Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive got an API master I think its called, that I came into earlier in the year, its super light and easy to set up. I took a hike earlier today with the stand and three stick on my back, hardly even knew they were there. I know the 4th stick wont add too much more weight...

6. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Did you get the $10 Lone Wolf stick caddy? If so you should consider it. There is a slick video on YouTube on setting up a Lone Wolf stand and sticks and the stick caddy makes is a piece of cake. For $10 it's definitely worth it.

Here is the video if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3clPFGAwB3s

7. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    MAN that is exciting to hear...I hope I like em as much. They are impressive at the shows, but I am leary of the short length, but having long legs sure will make it easier to spread out the sticks a bit more.

I am getting 6 of them too. Me and another guy are splitting 3 sets, and getting 2 stands each. We will likely never need the 6th, but it will be nice to have it if we need it.

8. NY/Al

NY/Al Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I like that idea. I actually already had something fashioned thats pretty similar, but i'll probably go ahead and pick that up anyways. For ten bucks its pretty much a no brainer...