Go Pro Hero 2

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by CowboyColby, Oct 17, 2012.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    For those of you that hunt with Go Pro cameras what settings have you found best for hunting? Mine came in yesterday and I want to be able to play it back in slow motion also. What size SD card do you use? Is a 32 gb mandatory to record video?

Any other helpful hints or useful ideas?

2. NYMark

NYMark Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've only had mine a few weeks so still learning it.A few of my friends have em and said to make sure you have it set on 1080.If its on some of the other settings you won't get wide/full screen recordings. I have been using a 8gb and have'nt had any problems.Not sure about the slow mo i would think that would be dependent on your editing software.

3. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Mark.

My new problem is getting the video from the SD card onto the computer. Apperently it doesn't like mp4 files

4. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Ok so after a day of researching it looks like all the editing software I've found doesn't like mp4 files. So I have to convert them to wmv files. These downloads are found for free and can convert the mp4 files into files movie maker, windows media player, etc. will play.

Also Go pro cineforms studio download (free) will let you convert your codec files to viewable files all the while saving your original and not messing up the compression like working with your video multiple times tends do to as i read it.

5. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    This is going to be a long work in progress. Hope to get some footage this weekend of mule deer and we will see how it turns out. My have to wait until my techy BIL can help me as I'm just a dumb redneck lol

6. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using the hero original and love it, I feel the full 1080p I an unnecessary hassle when trying to edit and share.

7. Gatling77

Gatling77 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Does it attach to your bow?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. Sconley81

Sconley81 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a GoPro Hero2 as well and I have been using it this year to video some of my hunts. I was unaware of the hassle it was going to be to upload and edit these videos. Took me a while to get the video of my wifes buck uploaded, converted, and edited. I have mine mounted to my bow and it works great. Here is a look at how I have mine set up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    What resolution do you run on and what program do you use to convert your mp4 to wmv?

10. chart33

chart33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use the roll bar mount for my bow. The 32GB card will hold about 9 hours of video, the battery lasts for about 3 hours of video. I have primarily used my GoPro for fly fishing and product videos and I believe it's set at 720p. I haven't used it for hunting yet. I need to figure out how to turn the beep off first. I have a Mac Book so that makes editing videos really easy and I've had no issue.

The new Hero 3 looks unreal. The wifi remote is an awesome feature and you could set up some really cool shots with that by setting up a few cameras. If only I had the money.

11. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    There is a way to turn the sound off. The screen will show options for 100% sound, 70% sound, or off. I have my sound turned off. Its one of the last options before the exit screen.

12. Sconley81

Sconley81 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I run mine on the 1080 setting and use the GoPro cineforms studio to convert my files then edit using windows movie maker. I am sure there are better software and editing programs out but this is my first year filming so just testing the waters. I eventually want to get to where I have another camera mounted where I can actually zoom in and get better shots of the deer.

13. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Sconley thats what I was looking for. I plan on doing it the same way for awile. I will probably run on 720 though so its not as wide but as far as converting and editing your spot on

14. jasonba12

jasonba12 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I run my hero 2 on the 1080 setting with a 16gb card I mount it to my bow with mount from these guys it works great. www.captureyourhunt.com

15. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    I envy ya'll that can mount it to your bow but here in Colorado its illegal to have any electronics on your bow. Can't even have lighted knocks

16. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been looking for a way to mount it to my bow and never thought of this. How is the video? Does it vibrate a lot? Did you just use the adhesive mount to set that on there? Does it affect the shot at all?

17. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Could you mount it to your sabilizer? Would that affect performance? I too have been thinking of getting this but all the youtube videos seems like the deer is a mile away.

18. jasonba12

jasonba12 Newb

Dislikes Received: