GMMAT....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Vabowman, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Going way back here to like 2007 or so..HNI. whatever happen to that cat? I know he got ran off of every forum known to man including tradgang.. That guy was confrontational to say the least..I always thought he would give up bowhunting...he was a late starter and he went from a compound to a recurve in a matter of a few years. I guess he conquered it all.. anyways, anyone ever hear from him these days? I just remembered that guy...I believe he was banned from here and archery talk and HNI as well..

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He was on here but believe he got banned several years back, never heard really what the infraction was but he did seem to have a bit of an ego and reluctance to admit when he was wrong.

I never really conversed with him, just followed some of the topics he would post in as they were somewhat educational still, not necessarily from him though.

3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    upload_2020-10-23_0-45-26.png

he was last seen before I even joined; so that's a long time ago. I do however remember seeing some of his posts floating around in necro-posted threards.

That being said, he was a Claire Forlani fan so he could not have been all bad...

upload_2020-10-23_0-49-36.png

I always thought she was a bit underrated.

Okiebob and Vabowman like this.
  4. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He's on Facebook or LinkedIn if you feel the need to connect.

God May My Arrow be True

5. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    She's skinny, IMHO.

dnoodles likes this.
  6. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    nah Im good:biggrin:

7. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    10 years ago he was putting in for preference points to come hunt my farms. He and I had history of "debates" on the site, but I did respect him as someone with a better than room temperature IQ. He had a couple of points built up and then one day accused me of being a liar. That did not sit well at all. I gave him two options of what to do with his preference points. 1. Light a nice cigar with them. 2. You can all guess the second one. :evilgrin:

It was silly for sure. But, when I was in college, one of my best friends had a Country music band and wrote some songs. He sold one of them to a publisher out of Chicago our Sophomore year. I watched him write some of it in his room. I mean literally watched him write the lyrics to paper and mess around with the tune on his guitar. It was good. Well, Vince Gill ended up recording the song and claimed he wrote it. That is common practice in the music industry if you sell full rights to the song, which Joe did. Most artists would only buy a song if they could claim it for their own or at least claim co-writing with a famous writer. GMMAT played golf with Vince Gill one time and apparently was smitten by him. He could not swallow the fact that his boy-toy Vince would lie about the song (Never Knew Lonely) and flamed me about it. It turned into a mess, as I don't need to lie about anything, ever. I assume he never came to Iowa and if he did, he certainly did not hunt on my land. And now you know way more about it than you ever wanted to. ;)

Vabowman likes this.
  8. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I had a few rounds with him nothing too bad, but he went looking for it every time..

fletch920 likes this.
  9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How the hell did I missed that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Those were your busy soccer days. Or, you might have been busy chasing skunks, or river people. :biggrin:

11. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The river people got tossed out by the county, I still remember that skunk night:).

fletch920 likes this.
  12. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Jeff was a very intelligent, very articulate guy. The problem, however, seemed to be that along with that intelligence came a good amount of arrogance.

I still remember so many of his threads that started with him presenting a situation and asking "What do you think?" or "What would you do?" which would be followed by that infamous line "No right or wrong answer here."

The thing was that there absolutely was a wrong answer and as soon as someone took the bait he was on them like vultures on a gut pile. I think the guy was just one of those folks who love to argue.

I could be wrong, but I only recall one member that could stand up to him and fire it right back at him with equal wit, speed and clarity of thought. That was Atlasman. Some of those arguments were legendary. To this day I don't know how they could multi-quote and post so many replies so quickly.

fletch920 likes this.
  13. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    yeh, he was a new comer to hunting...compound for like 3 years and then conquered and moved on to the recurve and then I guess got kicked off every forum he was ever on.. the common denominator was him.. he would argue with an old shoe. he reminded me of a guy that would go from one thing to another searching..I doubt he even hunts anymore

fletch920 likes this.