Give me some guidance here.. When and What to plant??

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by alfarah50, May 18, 2017.

1. alfarah50

alfarah50 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok guys, basically I'm lookin for some guidance here. We have an 80 acre lease which is split evenly between alfalfa fields and timber. There is a corner in the field where we put a camera and underestimated how unpressured the deer herd is and how often they are browsing this field eating throughout the day. My plan was to hunt over the field edge and forego planting a plot since they were hammering the alfalfa.. Upon arrival yesterday the landowner was plowing the fields, he intends to plant corn. He told me to fence off an area if I would like and he would lime and till it and I can use his corn as a cover crop.

Basically I'm looking for a plan here. Never planted anything and I do not want to half ass this. I have a bag of Fusion(perennial) , Pure Attraction(annual), and a bag of Tall Tine Tubers. What and when should I plant?? I was thinking of planting the Fusion come End of August, then overseeding the Pure Attraction around September. Is this a good idea? Will the Fusion make it till late season?? My goal is to have a plot that will last all hunting season (Mid October-February).

I am open to anything here, just trying to get a gameplan of when and what I should plant .. Thanks guys

2. alfarah50

alfarah50 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I should add that the area I fenced off is roughly 1/4 acre and the landowner will leave a couple of rows of corn standing to keep the plot hidden which it already is since the field is rolling a bit..

3. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pure Attraction is larger seed, you'll want to plant it first and deeper, you'll want to plant the other 2 on top due to being smaller seed.
    Not sure where you're at. That'll affect when to plant.