Ghost Blind

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by oldguy54, May 22, 2017.

1. oldguy54

oldguy54 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody ever use one? thoughts?

2. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I have one and it will work however it is not a blind and covers your front and some of the side.I have hunted behind it half a dozen times and have not had a shot and busted once. I think it works best when you are up hill from the deer. If you get one put a little self stick felt between the panels to stop scratching the panels in the bag

axtell343 likes this.
  3. Dan Boedigheimer

Dan Boedigheimer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have used the ghost blind for four seasons and think its great. I actually own two. Although it does have its limitations like no back cover, prone to frosting in the morning, bulky to carry and less forgiving when hunting the wind. All of these things can be prevented with a little planning. Setting up with an obstacle at your back to cover your backside and force deer to pass in front of you, storing the blind outside to reduce frosting in the morning, and not using the carry bag to walk in to help reduce weight and noise. Scent control and playing the wind is absolutely critical, they get downwind, your done. Many a doe have busted me and ended my hunt. BUT , overall it can be a wonderful tool, allowing you to zip into an area and with very little disturbance and set up on fresh sign. If a deer is in front of you you are basically invisible. I have had deer inside 10 yards many many times that never knew I was there. I have shot three bucks using the blind. Get one

Mike Foster and axtell343 like this.
Tags: