Getting new bow

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Cameron DeMiguel, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Cameron DeMiguel

Cameron DeMiguel Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I'm finally going to be upgrading to a new bow and I am not sure what to get. I do a lot of spot and stalk and ground blind hunting but I also do some stand hunting. Looking for a good fast but quiet bow. Also I'm not sure if I should get a longer or shorter axle to axle length bow. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. Hunter Bob

Hunter Bob Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would suggest something with a shorter axle to axle if you do some hunting from a ground blind. Having a few less inches really helps with maneouvering.

3. FearNoEvil

FearNoEvil Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Smaller axle to axle is better. I have longer axle to axle and it is very difficult to move in blind. Also i would imagine it would be harder to hide if you were stalking with a longer axle to axle.

4. Cameron DeMiguel

Cameron DeMiguel Newb

Dislikes Received:

Do you think 32 is to long? Or would 28 or 30 inches be better?

5. FearNoEvil

FearNoEvil Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Probably 28 to 30 would be good just depends on how tall you are. I am 6 ft 4 so its difficult in general for me and its worse with the longer axle bow. I have to basically sit right in the middle and i cant have much extra gear or people with me in the blind.