Generic Trail Cams

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Shocker99, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    2981AD16-11C7-44BB-B373-FEA98E496237.png Does anyone have feedback on any of the generic trail cams on amazon? Campark, Apeman, Alpha are just a few that get very good reviews. This Campark has over 4000 reviews and dang near gets 5 stars? How come I haven’t heard of any of these brands???

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes they are all I buy. Started with a campark I got as a gift that lasted 3 yrs. Then I bought a victure and one other I can't remember, all still working. The latest was a H55 apeman on sale for 32. 00. So I don't use video, I dont like night pics due to limited viable light the apeman and victure take great day pics. If you search you can find some of them on the site under white tail deer hunting " just ask"
    I wont buy expensive cams again. I had just one name brand cam that did great! A browning I won original small cam. It lasted 8+ years. They stopped making it and the next browning I bought lasted 14 mos. So I go by cost into years of operation and the cheap ones make the most sense. I don't care whats on my place at night,I don't hunt then so night pics don't count in my purchase.

oh for water proof I make a gorilla tape visor for all cams it covers the top door seal and helps with issues. I think I posted on that as well here.

3. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had really good luck with $28 Tascos from wal mart with a 2 year replacement plan for another 2 bucks.

oldnotdead likes this.
  4. Cannon06

Cannon06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just ordered one yesterday, glad you started this thread. I read the reviews and they are all great. I paid $59. I will post an update later on. Anything below $85 from a name brand has awful reviews, so for under $60 it's worth a shot.

5. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So what I'd like to know are real life reviews for the cheap wifi cams.
    Let you brave guys do us not so brave a solid...:)

6. Cannon06

Cannon06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used the cheaper Moultrie cell cam all this season, and overall it was adequate. It all comes down to how remote of a location you place it in. The quality of your cell phone service in that location is about the quality you can expect from your camera. The signal is not near as strong as compared to a more expensive camera with an antenna. My potential camera locations were limited given the signal strength.