Garmin Xero Ai

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by biscuit, Jul 14, 2019.

1. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody else use one of these? I bought one about 3 months ago at first I was very skeptical, for me it was a total pain in the ass to set up and zero, I'm sure some would say just follow the directions. It took me 3 days to get it dialed in, but once I was satisfied with everything it was a game changer for me.

Some of my take aways are as follows

1. The sights ability to zero absolutely perfect leads to shooter to second guessing his or her self. Example the sight will ask you to shoot at 4o yards once you've gone through all the other sighting procedures. Okay so you shoot an arrow and it will ask was it high, low, or spot on. My thought is human error involved there thus allowing the computer to adjust the hologram accordingly every 1/2 inch at 40 yards. This step was painful for me as it took 2 more days of shooting before I decided exactly where I would allow the computer to adjust my shot.

2. I actually repeated this step 2 more times after figuring out I was not spot on, finally got it!

3. Aligning the range finder with the pin can be tricky. Why? well the sight is so finicky it will detect any and every flaw you may have while at full draw. Example if you're torquing your bow that will affect your range finder pin alignment which may very will affect your true range. That being said once you work that out your sight will correct your torque issue by simply telling you how your torquing your bow at full draw, also leveling out your sight picture as well.

4. Kinda complicated sight? Maybe so, but for me I won't go cheap on anything I hunt with, if there is an opportunity to improve a piece of kit I'm all over it

Im absolute loving this new sight at the moment, but best believe If I get this thing in the woods and it does anything but perform flawlessly I will scream it to the heavens on here

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Far and away the best sight I have ever used. That said I sold it. The fact that I dant use it in all my hunts and that I can enter animals killed with it in p&y was deal breaker for me.

3. Brian Nunnally

Brian Nunnally Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have you had a chance to use this sight hunting and give any more feedback? I'm thinking about getting one for next season. Thank you.