Garmin Dakota 10 Help

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by No.6Hunter, Apr 16, 2014.

1. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Garmin Dakota 10 and it has recently took a ****, im assuming. When I was out in the field this past hunting season, I turned on the unit and it displayed "System Software Missing" on the screen and thats it. Could not get any further than the startup screen. So far I have tried to re-boot and connect to my computer for updates but, no luck.

Has anyone had these issues with a Garmin before, or more specifically the Dakota 10? i hate electronics.....

2. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When you said you connected it for updates, was that through BaseCamp?

More than likely it will need to be sent back to Garmin. Give them a call, their Customer Service in fantastic.

3. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If Basecamp is Garmins updater program, then yes, but the program couldn't connect to my Garmin.

4. Adirondack Ed

Adirondack Ed Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Deff call Garmin customer support...My GPS last year had all the topo lines disappear...I renewed my subscription thinking this is what it was...Found out that didnt change anything and when I called support, they redid my original download and then refunded me the renewal that I didnt need...They were fantastic!