Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Gardening 2024

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by oldnotdead, Feb 24, 2024.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh bought more mesh. (2) 10 x33x ft lengths for 26. 00 in all.
    Will use that to cover seed beds until they germinate from now on. Then switch them to strawberries, and blk.berries.

2. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I reseeded 4 rows of corn last night, have another 4 to do today. Then covered it all with the new mesh. Dusted all brassica for worms and slugs. The eggplant for flea beetles and ants with DE.
    Looks like out of all the sqush seed planted, 2 zucchini msde it. All seed starts are prepared.
    I did my first freezer harvest of the Ocha and Iwill have collards ,kale and broccoli in the next week..

3. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Man watering WHAT A CHORE!!!!!
    I put down 15 gals. actually gallon jugs and no where near finished. I'm using fertilizer in each. Retilled the pumpkin area raked and de-rocked. Then reinstalled a tomato fence planting more tomatoes. Up to 106 in the ground now. Most of the experimental ones. Mostly plum/ sauce tomatoes are developing. They may be a bit less disease resistant. Hey with as many as I have so be it, I'll still get a great harvest.
    Well for all the seed I have planted, 3 winter and 3 zucchini up. Many more starts planted. Need more beans, carrots chard ect..we'll see..
    Not bad concidering granddog sitting and sick as a dog! Broken glass throat, crackling ears sneezing, coughing, headache.