Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Game Warden Behavior

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by DoubleLung84, Jan 22, 2010.

1. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    just because i call a agent and tell them you are a poacher and you have 5 deer in your house do you think a agent will take me serious? and will they show up at your place? i hope not.

is the warrant and the game warden a new book? I know what illegal search and seizure is. and probable cause is. I have read the Constitution .

how about this one the fbi has one of the 911 highjackers in custody with his laptop weeks before the tragedy, they cant search the laptop because of his rights, they let him go, and you know the rest...

so if the would of called a game agent because i said he kept his deer poaching info on it would that of changed things. I am not making lite of this tragedy but using it for what it is as it relates to legal rights.

My point is just because i tell you i can do anything without a warrant and probable cause doesn't make it so. if it were every police/cia/ fbi action in this country would start as a game violation.... right?

I am a land owner and over the years have called the sheriff and the game agent a lot , i know what they will do and they wont do and what they cant do. they need real cold hard facts before a judge, i have had atv tracks in the snow lead from my ground right up to the atv and nothing the did not catch them while they were on my ground. and the list is a mile long.
    so it's funny to read how much authority they have.

2. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    first sorry for posting so much ,,, i am bored.

for a agent looking to make a name for there self in a county there is no end to what they will go to, they see a out of state plate, so here is someone with money and not much in the way of fighting a out of state ticket, or she was bored and had time to kill.

3. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep... I remember that, It was talked about quite a bit here also.

4. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting behavior indeed!! I have been checked many many times by game wardens but have NEVER been approached in the stand... Guessing she didn't know any better? Personally I would have politely voiced my dis-pleasure to her and would have also asked her for the name of her supervisor so I could voice my comments up the chain...

5. Oneshot7

Oneshot7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I wouldve told the lake patrol to kiss my ass if there is a storm coming. Just my honest opinion.....

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oneshot, I know exactly what you mean about a storm brewing and getting caught on a lake. My dad and I used to fish like crazy when I was growing up. We used to fish at a reservoir down the road from my house quite a bit. We fished from a small john boat and electric motor that pushed us like 3-4 mph tops. :) Well one day I turn around to cast and see black clouds miles in the distance. I told my dad and he said son, "start paddling!"....we punched that little motor and paddled for miles as fast as we could, but we were stuck in the middle of the reservoir when a freak 50-60 mph hell storm out of nowhwere struck and blasted us us for the last couple of miles. We lost the majority of our fishing equipment and I darn near fell out of the boat. SO YEAH, I would have told the lake patrol to kiss it as well.

7. BowSniper11

BowSniper11 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    LOL. I think this is a good fact. Safety is IMPORTANT. Maybe next time in the same situation, I would do that, maybe with.....you know, flipping them off. :o

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  8. rickmur

rickmur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have had it happen to me a couple times when goose hunting and once while deer hunting. This one prick of a GW lived down the street of our lease and he could see our spread from his house. He would wait till last hour of hunting and come walking right through our spread to check us out.
    The deer hunting episode the GW came walking thru the woods looking for me and spotted me in the tree and came over to check me out. Again, at prime time. It happens.