Game of Thrones: The Final Season

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by S.McArthur, Apr 8, 2019.

1. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I actually agree with you on number 1 now, that was the improtance of Ramsay Boltons legitimization.

Still would throw a wrench into the picture if Tyrion was a Targaryen.

I still think Jamie kills Cersei, while you can take the gender out of the old valyarian, its a stretch to take the whole meaning away from the word.

I dont think Euron will kill JOn either, and agree that the entire greyjoy family is a bunch of dunts as the hound would say it. Should have been completely wiped off the face of westeros when they rebelled.

CoveyMaster likes this.
  2. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-6...theories-that-could-still-actually-be-correct "...the valonqar shall wrap his hands around you..."

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  4. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dudes...so heard/watched another theory that Jamie killing Cerise will bring light bringer (that sentence doesn't make sense). And that little creepy kid Bran was with basically foreshadowed it.
    Basically, watch this if you have time. It actually makes quite a bit of sense and would not be something I'd predict since I have not read the books.

5. S.McArthur

Dislikes Received:
    Same here, I don't think there is any other satisfying way to end that relationship. Also, I am leaning towards the theory video I posted.
    Winter fell gets sacked (?) and everyone retreats to Kings landing (logical way to bring people the characters there/contradicts "a Stark must always be in WF).
    The golden company realizes Euron and Co. are worthless if there is no kingdom, there is no gold turning on Cerisie/Euron; Euron gets sacked by...I feel like it has to be either Theon or Yara. I see no purpose to the greyjoy story other than support of the story line.
    Arya...I don't know how you close her story out, there aren't enough (important) people to kill, so maybe she learns a heartfelt lesson and becomes some Joan of Ark type character for a later story.

That's all I have now, nothing in depth, just random thought.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I tried to watch a couple of more episodes last night, I have to watch it with the lights out because it is so dark ,then the monsters coming out of the ground and some wizard comes out and saves them, I do not enjoy wizardry, then the next episode some guy is having sex with his sister, WTH?

7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    kind of a central plot line to the arc of the entire story.

8. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    I still think of all the possible theories, that one is rather low on my personal list of potential outcomes.

9. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    I think "There must always be a stark in Winterfell" has to do with the Starks being tied to the Night King.

10. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just need to watch season 7 to catch up!

11. S.McArthur

Dislikes Received:
    30 min, I'm like a little school girl at a Bieber concert

Ridgerunner3 likes this.
  12. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    SPOILER ALERT

Thoughts!?

While I was expecting more action for a 6 episode season, I believe everything that happened needed to happen before the fun begins, they had a lot of issues that they needed to address. That ending with Jamie and Bran is priceless. I wasn't expecting Jon to ride a dragon so soon, glad to see him take to his real name! I was expecting Jon to tell Sam that he tell no one of the fact that he is a Targaryen.

Will Bronn carry out his orders?
    Will Jon Tell Dany?
    Will they stay together?
    Will they get F***** in the next episode when the night king hits?
    Will I be able to wait 7 days to watch it again?

So many unknowns!

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm more pissed at the producers. After taking 2 years to come out with the final season they stated even though it was only 6 episodes, they were all going to be feature length 1 1/2- 2 hours. First 2 episodes are 1 hours. Guide does not go out far enough for episode 3.

14. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Bronn is a wild card, anything could happen. He's a pretty unscrupulous bastard so I wouldn't expect too much consideration from him except to follow the gold. I'd like to see him go against Cersie obviously.

I think John will definitely tell Dany. I half expect her to have already put it together but I don't know. She may not know the details but she has to suspect something amazing going on with the dragons having taken to John so easily. Then again she knows about as little about the Targaryen/dragon bond as anyone else at this point so maybe not. I think it'd be hilarious if she was like, Yeah I know, I figured it out the first time Drogon didn't kill you and I'm fine with you being my nephew/husband/king. LOL. I really don't know why it would bother her at all, she grew up thinking she'd probably be Targaryen married to her brother FFS until he sold her off. That sort of thing is their family tradition. Even John when he was told didn't go to that...instead he got hung up on Ned lying to him, lol.

I won't even pretend to be able to predict what will happen when the army of dead make it and the battle happens. I fear the worst however John went to pretty amazing lengths to prepare with the army on hand and the dragon glass and Gendry. That damn Knight King and his undead dragon though could be wildly brutal on things.

The weekly wait is a killer. I half wish someone would leak all the episodes at once.

The long episodes were mostly rumor though usually a normal episode is under an hour of actual run time (I think). This seasons are all supposedly an hour plus.

For as big as this show has become, I think they still have budgetary issues. The whole point in shortening the season was to save a little money considering all the huge battle scenes scheduled and the CGI dragons, all of which are stupid expensive. Also considering that each of the actors are now super famous and demand top dollar for their roles. I think they had to find a way to do more with what they had so cutting the number of episodes was the shortest way of doing it. Watch some of the stuff on how they do the SFX in the battles and the battles with the dead. They have to dress the dead in partial makeup mixed with green out portions and then fill in the grotesque stuff with CGI. That sort of thing would run up a budget like the national debt counter.

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Here's episode lengths for the season.

In all truthfullness, taking 2 years for 6 episodes is pathetic. Add in last years was obly 7Will the wait be worth it? Possibly, but I think they could have found money somehow.

Season 7 was announced it would be only 7 episodes and that was a shock. If it wasn't known by season 4 they had a blockbuster then fools ran it. Then they take 2 years to film the final season, cut it down to 6 episodes and let part of their team leak that it would be feature length episodes to calm the masses. Now they want to rumor of spinoffs coming next.

They should have sold the rights and contracts when they had the chance to someone willing to take it over.

I hope the next 5 weeks make me forget the distaste they created, but should they delve into newer ventures off this I won't hold my breath in hopes.

20190415_193355.jpg

Justin and CoveyMaster like this.
  16. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I can see how it would be off putting to some, it just doesn't bother me at all, it is what it is. When it's over I'll move on to something else and I'll buy the new book when GRRM finally gets it finished so I can find out how the story actually goes. I consider the TV show (as much as I like it) kind of a knock off anyway.

17. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    All the episode lengths are out. 54 minutes 58, 82, 78, 80, 80

18. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    LOL if you have a problem that it took two years or that the episodes aren't long enough - no one is making you watch them :lol:

19. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    as far as thoughts, Sam made a mistake telling Jon about his true identity AFTER he cried about Danarys killing his brother and father. Now looks like he has an ax to grind, which makes me think they'll pussyfoot around for most of the next episode while he mulls it over.

That was really my only take away. The only other things that really peaked my interest were Jamie's reaction to Bran and wondering how quickly Cersi will decide to kill Greyjoy.

20. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe, put think about it from Sam's view, he is supposed to be supporting this unknown foreign queen, who his best friend is hooking up iwth and says she is different, and then he finds out she is burned his father and brother alive, and now thinks she is more of the same. I think most people would do it the same way.