Game Cameras Mysteriously Stolen from My Woods

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Marty O'brien, May 7, 2021.

1. Marty O'brien

Marty O'brien Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone ever heard of a bear, raccoon or any species of wildlife in the northeast that's capable of removing both the camera and *strap* that buckles around the tree without a trace? I'm still holding out some hope that at least one of the stolen cameras could have been removed by an animal but ONLY if there are reports of an animal removing the camera & crude strap while leaving no evidence of damage or broken fragments etc. It's still hard to fathom how a trespassing human could have conveniently found BOTH cameras on that day which were easily 150-200 feet apart and so hard to see that even I have trouble finding them when had to change batteries or remove SD cards. So my question is, CAN an animal with articulated digits like a coon or squirrel etc. much less a bear, cleanly remove TWO cameras & if so, what do they do with it?
    Thanks

2. Marty O'brien

Marty O'brien Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone ever heard of a bear, raccoon or any species of wildlife in the northeast that's capable of removing both the camera and *strap* that buckles around the tree without a trace? I'm still holding out some hope that at least one of the stolen cameras could have been removed by an animal but ONLY if there are reports of an animal removing the camera & crude strap while leaving no evidence of damage or broken fragments etc. It's still hard to fathom how a trespassing human could have conveniently found BOTH cameras on that day which were easily 150-200 feet apart and so hard to see that even I have trouble finding them when had to change batteries or remove SD cards. So my question is, CAN an animal with articulated digits like a coon or squirrel etc. much less a bear, cleanly remove TWO cameras & if so, what do they do with it?
    Thanks

3. Marty O'brien

Marty O'brien Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks

4. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Get cameras and "bear" lock boxes. Lag bolt the the box to the tree, put cam inside and put a lock through the latch on the box. It's not completely fool proof, but unless someone is carrying bolt cutters, they'd atleast have to go back to where they came from and get them. And if you're still wanting to bullet proof that, you can hang a second camera up high facing the lock box camera.

5. Wop 75

Wop 75 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As someone else stated spray paint the trees along the property line. The paint cannot easily be removed and would take a lot of effort to do so. Good luck