G5 t3 ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by michael_pearce, Aug 29, 2011.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've only heard one negative. A guy at the local shop was saying he had a complete pass through but never found the deer. I can't for the life of me remember if he said the blades opened or not.

That said, broadheads are basically down to placement rather than functionality. You're a rage shooter, you know this.

My personal preference is bloodrunners and grizztricks

2. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Michael, to answer your original question..... I shot a couple deer last year with the T3's, and they flew great, both deer were shot right through the ribs, one passed through, one didn't, good blood trails, killed both deer, but neither of the broadheads were reusable. The ferrule split on both broadheads. I guess I question the strength of it if they breakdown by just hitting ribs. I won't be shooting them this year. Just the facts of my experience with them last year. That's my 2 cents worth. I'll be shooting NAP's Thunderhead Edge this year, so watch for it on The Bowhunt or Die episodes later this Fall, that is if I have some luck! By the way I don't believe I've ever had a fixed blade broadhead fly as true as the Edge's do. Anyway, good luck on your broadhead decisions.

3. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just starting to practice with the Grizztricks a bit. Any problem with pass-thru? The blade angle seems a little sharp. How do you think they would do on large black bears? I may whack a couple doe just to gain some experience with them.

4. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've never put them through anything but a target. I just got some this summer to play with. They did fly exceptional with no need to touch anything on my bow. I wouldn't hesitate at all to carry them in my quiver on any game. However, I am going to use the 2 blade bloodrunners this year. Something about 2+ inch cut I just can't resist.

5. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well if I get to hunt this year I think I have found the BH I am going to use this season.
    It's called the maniac by after schock archery

Accurate and Lethal - Precision Indexed Flight Stabilizing 4-Play Cut-On-Contact Tip
    Exclusive Patent Pending ShockLoc Dual-Rail Support and Locking System
    Fully Machined Forged Billet, Type-3S Hardcoated 7075-T6 Ferrule
    One Piece Hardened Stainless Steel .040" Tip and Main Blade
    One Piece Hardened Stainless Steel .020" Bleeder Blade
    NO Screws, Washers, Retaining Rings, Crimps or Rivets
    Completely Rebuildable - Without Any Need for Tools
    Can Be Shot as a Two Blade or Four Blade Broadhead

My buddy that owns the shop I go to is going to use them and has been practicing with them and says that they fly great. Super sharp and strong.
    I like mech BH's but you ususally can't go wrong with a fixed blade.

6. ngabowhunter

ngabowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This same thread yesterday at archery talk buy another fella, you might won't to go check it out. But last I looked it looked like 90% of the hunters really liked them. I think they said the blue clips is the ones to use.

not to jack your thread, but I shoot the g5 strikers and they are as sharp as any broadhead I ever shot in the last 30 years.