Fun to watch

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by GregH, Jan 7, 2022.

1. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As the weather gets colder more and more deer are starting to hit the soybeans that I left standing from last spring. Speaking of cold, it is -22 here this morning.

Yesterday afternoon I started seeing deer movement earlier than usual. It started with a small buck coming down the hill from behind my tractor shed. As I watched him, I saw a group of about 8 deer including one real nice buck circle the hill and head to the west side of my property. I knew what they were doing. They were heading to the bean field and taking a route the avoid my dogs from seeing them from inside the house. They're pretty smart. A few minutes later my dog Jones started some soft grumbling while looking out the front door. When I looked I was surprised to see deer spilling into my field from all over.

I counted 35 deer and at least 8-9 of them were some nice bucks. My record for most deer in the field at once is 54 from last year. We'll see if that will be broken.

Here comes a group from the south from a neighbors land to join the deer from my land.

1-22-1.jpg

The deer in this pic are from my land and the neighbors land to the north. There are some nice bucks if you look hard enough. The deer always start on the far side of the field because of my dogs. They will move closer and closer as they devour the beans.

1-22-2.jpg

In this pic the deer in the beans came from my land. If you look at the top of the pic you'll see two bucks sparring. They are near a main trail leading from my neighbors woods to my field. This is the trail that a bachelor group of bucks came from.

1-22-3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

2. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I goofed up. I should have put the pics in the 2nd reply. I forgot about the add making them smaller. However, you can click on them to make them larger. Oops.

3. buzzard317

buzzard317 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m jealous. That’s living in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregH likes this.
  4. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You are definitely going to need some "HELP" with your deer herd next fall.

Always remember and never forget................

"elkguide........ has bow........ does travel!!!!"

GregH likes this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I miss watching the deer a great deal.

GregH likes this.
  6. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Boy the deer are moving into town here with the wind and cold to browse.

GregH likes this.