Frustration Part II help wanted

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by racewayking, Oct 29, 2008.

1. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Today Mechdoc and I went out, saw a fork and button driving up the driveway to our destination. The morning was slow until 7:50AM. I 130 class ten came 30 yards from my stand but I have no shooting lanes. I let it get 60 yards away and then grunted, Mechdoc also received a text to grunt in an attempt to turn the buck back toward one of us. He came 40 yards away, thrashed a small tree and then took off:bash: :bash: A little later Doc had a fat doe that came from his stand and saw me and came back his way from what he said. For the record we have stands that are in a funnel and 80 yards apart.

Tonight would rival the movie Groundhog day. Every night I have the same fork horn, 85" and 105" 8's and a button buck. They were running around back by Doc's stand and the smaller 8 was kicking everyone's but. I decided to call with the can and they wouldn't come in, tried a grunt and nothing. Waited 10 minutes and hit a tending grunt sequence and whamo, three bucks and a button all within shooting range. The 85" bully gave me a broadside shot for two minutes!! It is as if a higher power wants me to take him out.

Her is where the help wanted part comes in. I will gladly bring anyone out that wants to shoot one of these guys, I need Groundhog's day to end and I think the little bully needs to go. Fergus, are you up for an afternoon hunt tomorrow????? Peakrut has pics of a few of the bucks, blurry blackberry pics but they exist.

Tomorrow is another day, at least I ain't working!

2. OKbowhunter

OKbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Stillwater, OK to Pingree Grove, IL

Total Estimated Time: 12 hours 5 minutes
    Total Estimated Distance: 775.07 miles

I'll be there by 8am :tu:

3. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Don't forget the 300-400 for tags and license! Seriously if anyone is bored tomorrow afternoon and you have tags let me know!

4. Camo500EFI

Camo500EFI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How about Sunday or Monday all day?

5. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Monday afternoon will work for sure. Sunday might be good also.

6. Camo500EFI

Camo500EFI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm cool with whatever. Where is your hunting property at?

7. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    You know where Spring Hill Mall is? Near there, PM me and I'll give you the 411.

8. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Mullberry, sounds like your big ones that you had pics have moved onward :bash: BUT with the rut nearing, if you stay in the Does you just might get your chance at one of them ;) Im pullin for you guys after seeing all them pictures you were posting. If it make you feel better, i am hunting a big one that showed three days in a row four days before the season... I think im in his area but have not seen him yet. Im hunting the area very light right now since its three small wood lots, trying not to stink the place up or its over. If only they would cut the corn around it :violin: nice of you to offer the bully to someone else ;) good luck!!