frustrated at my hosts other guest!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Longdraw, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy has been very generous taking me out bow/shotgun hunting the last few years. I try my best to be a good buddy, neighbor, and good hunting buddy.
    his other friend set up a ladder and cheep hangon stand in a pretty nice area where i killed my 1st deer ever with a bow opening day this year.
    The other guy has been hunting this area for years and he appears to be treating it like his own: putting tons of scent around, making fake scrapes, leaving a nasty looking old target deer up for weeks.
    my trail cam showed lots of deer in this area...before this past weekend when the other guy scentbombed the hell out of it.
    How do I gently tell my buddy that the other guy is chasing deer out of his area?

Sorry for the rant but I'm not too happy with this other guy...but I'm still a guest.

2. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's a pretty touchy situation. Personally the course of action I would take is to just talk to the other guy first and see if y'all can come to an understanding. If that fails I would just have a talk with the land owner and see what happens. Id try to not come across in a bad way but its definitely a concern that needs to surfaced. Good luck.

3. juice9

juice9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh the love of having a rookie hunting in the area. Try to use him to your advantage. Ask your buddy if you can have a certain area to yourself and he can have his? then improve your area and let him trash his. I would be honest but make sure he knows I'm not complaining and gratefull for letting me hunt his land / area. I would also offer trying to teach the non educated hunter. Plenty of good books he could read that talk about the in and outs of deer. Not the magizine or tv shows that are trying to sell products.

4. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. I actually have tried to use "stinky" to my advantage by staying way upwind of him(great minds think alike)
    this other guest is a know-it-all and has killed some nice deer with a shotgun there, so he thinks his methods work.
    Maybe with the proven facts from my trail cam showing NO DEER since he scentbombed the area, my host will put an end to "stinky" and his deer repellent activities.

Best of luck out there Hunters and Happy Turkey Day!

5. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We have 3 guy total hunting a piece of property for over 10 years. Anytime we have a problem With one we'll talk to the other to see if our point is a valid one then if it is we'll say something and discuss it. Communication is ke

6. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that is a tough situation. Up until last year I had a small property to hunt in Ohio a friend owned. He gave permission to one local guy so he had someone close to watch the property but that guy was a slob. Left scent bottles laying around, wrappers around treestands, etc. I did tell my friend about it and he appreciated my input, but he was afraid if he asked him to leave that the guy would steal all his stands, camera's etc. He then sold the property so that is no longer an issue but I understand what you are going through.