Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

From Trailcam photo to Found Shed Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by dukemichaels, Feb 28, 2010.

1. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thought we'd add a few more stickys to our collection here!

If you find an antler (or 2) and have the trailcam picture of the buck.. post the pics in this thread.

Then... lets learn a little something.. please post the estimated distance between the shed find(s) and the trailcam photo.

This could get interesting.

Good Luck!

2. dukemichaels

Dislikes Received:
    Sadly... I don't have an example of this in 2010 just yet.:(

3. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mike I will take care of that for you! This is from last year but wish it was from this year! Sadly I dont have the guy that had the match set I found this year! Here is last years 12 point set and trail cam pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope that helps everyone out!

Here is a picture of him this year, as a couple guys on here that I was glad to meet in person at the classic this weekend talked about., and I shot and missed him thanks to a berry bush limb! If you notice the kicker is now gone. I think this brute is on the downhill side of things. A friend found one of his sheds with one of the extra points three years ago.

[​IMG]

Now I need to find this set this year!

4. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    One more example for you Mike, not recent though. cork screw buck
    [​IMG]
    one more
    [​IMG]
    Shed from small side
    [​IMG]

5. hound

hound Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have 5 plus one set but there from previous years if you want to see them.

6. dukemichaels

Dislikes Received:
    Sure Hound... we would love to see them.

7. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This set is from at the time in 2008 hunting season /2009 shed season year, a 6x5 (small split brow on the right, chewed off in the photo) buck I've nicknamed "Hoss". I found these sheds 3 months apart. They were actually only laying about 60-70 yards from each on the north face of a very steep mountainside ridge about 1/3 off of the top. There was so much snow up there in April when I found the first side that I walked right over the left side. I actually found the left side while going back in there in June to set up a mock scrape.

The trail camera pix I have of this buck, I get about 400 yards down over the the South side of this ridge down at a waterhole and mineral lick in the summer, and I only get night photos even in the dead of summer. I have pixs of this buck from the summer of 09 after he shed this rack/sheds posted and in his 2009/2010 rack, he is still a main framed 5x5 but added some junk and is now a 7x7 in the 09/10 season. If hes alive still, I can almost bet I will get more summer photos of him at his favorite summer water hole in July/August ..who knows what he will be this year..7x7? or maybe more... I have not found his 7x7 rack but will start looking hard for it real soon, I have no reason to believe he was shot this past season. I do have a pix of him as a 7x7 this past summer up on the ridge within 100 yards of where I found the left side of the 6x5 rack.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  8. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I started with trail cams in 06, but pretty much didnt use them much till 07. In 07 I got this pix of a buck I had already found the sheds too. "stretch" I called him from video I had of him in 06..I noticed his main beams looked like they had been stretched out. I found the sheds approximately 50 yards apart. One on an old skid trail the other off the trail on thickly blowed down timber ridge right at the top of a cutbank of another old logging skid trail. I set up the trail camera roughly 80 yards due north from where sheds were found and where the two different skid trials came together.. . I ended up killing this buck about 300-400 yards up the mountainside on top of the ridge (where I had taken photos of him from an observation stand) where he would feed in the edge of an old clearcut. The sheds and trail cams all came from the northern face.

9. dukemichaels

Dislikes Received:
    As per usual... VERY cool Shed.

10. hound

hound Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here are the ones I have. I actually have 1 more but have to dig out the shed its in a pile of chewed on sheds.

Attached Files:

11. MN/Kyle

MN/Kyle Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I missed this sticky and also posted this in the main bowhunting page but, this is from this year! Yesterday actually.Picture taken only 200 yrds south of where I found his shed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]