Fred Bear is rolling over in his grave

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Dan, Apr 26, 2012.

1. UPbowhunter

UPbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Justin, really dude, whos givin you a crossbow this year? you are the worst at poking on this subject. Really what company gave you a cross bow to push this year? This sight is a joke anymore.

2. Meathunter

Meathunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen some threads closed for less than what is going on in here........ oh well..........:jerry:

3. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ain't this great.. just a bunch of beer-guzzlin' dudes.. sittin' back on a bowhunting internet site bickering like chics over an object that none of us really even use.

Anybody remember the scene from "8mm" with the crossbow.. anybody? Great scene.

4. Ruff

Ruff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If cross bows are the same as virtical archery equipment, why do they always seem to need a separate forum on all the sites? That just tells me that soon they will be seeking their own seasons also!

Waterfowl hunting was a gentlemans sport much like Archery and bow hunting. Then came along the TV hunting show's and this is where waterfowl hunting has gone. [​IMG]

I hope like heck I don't see this as where bowhunting is headed with all the crossbow's like the TAC 15 and where it can take the sport.

5. UPbowhunter

UPbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am a bowhunter and that is that I dont know who is in charge but please delet my account.

6. LilSiman/OH

LilSiman/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All you guys should be killing turkeys right now instead of arguing!

Anyways, I'm gonna voice my opinion. I think it's fine that people can use crossbows for animals just like us and shoot them. The people that taught me how to hunt (outside of my family) used crossbows. The older guys would all use crossbows and us younger dudes are using our compounds.

The only thing I have a problem with is when a kid, my age, able bodied and fully healthy brags about shooting a deer with their x-bow. There's probably an equal amount of x-bow and compound hunters that go to my school and us compound hunters usually shoot more and bigger deer. It really p***** me off when someone brags about there x-bow deer though. They've never felt the high or joy of killing an animal with 100% your strength. I mean, they can use a compound just as much as my friends or I can. Can't they?

Also one more thing to say, kudos to those traditional bow hunters! They kill animals fair and square, how it was meant to be.

7. round cam

round cam Newb

Dislikes Received:
    NOW YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I had no idea this was such a touchy subject. Will it come up around the bonfire? That's the best place for a spirited conversation.:beer:

8. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This one time at band camp....

9. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I dont really care what weapon anyone else uses or what they kill. I don't like guns either. Know what? I don't use them. It's not like they are passing a bill telling me I can't use my compound anymore and have to switch to xbow. All I know is, I don't care for them (or guns) while hunting deer. Therefore I wont use them and they won't be used on my land.

Is it easier to kill a deer with one? Sure. Is it easier to kill a deer with a gun? yes. Is it easier to kill a deer with a compound vs. traditional? yes. It's a personal preference and to what extent you want to challenge yourself. The only reason I would have to not want them around is because it's easier for poachers to kill deer without blasting away and being caught. But, if they are going to do that, they will find a way anyway.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  10. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think some of you guys take a forum WAY too seriously. I can't tell if some of these posts are a joke, or not. Step away from the keyboard...it will be okay...I promise.

And I agree with NYB's thoughts, so please delete my account. I don't like this place anymore.