Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Found a shed yesterday!

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by Fightnfires311, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Fightnfires311

Fightnfires311 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Went hunting yesterday in my inlaws woods (only 3.5 acres) to see if I could see anything because Id heard people say theyve seen deer, but Ive never seen any. So While walking into the woods about 200 yards from the woodline I noticed something sticking out the leaves and to my suprise it was a nice antler shed, 4 points, the longest tine was chewed up pretty bad, but my first ever!!! Gives me proof that theres something coming through these woods if it wasnt already been shot. Their property has a nice finger that comes up the middle in the back yard and at the very back side its cleared land and hunt club property. So just possibly could be a safe haven since nobody really hunts in their woods. Will post pics tonight!

2. MN_Whitetail

MN_Whitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You'll have to get in there this spring to look for some more. Last year's shed or this year's shed, a shed is a shed. Nice find.

3. Fightnfires311

Fightnfires311 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, Just finding one has made me want to hunt for more! Think I may look around the woods and see if I can find the other one just for fun. If nothing than I will start looking again in the spring.

4. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its cool to find shed because you know that deer made it through the hunting seasons - I know around here it doesn't necessarily mean he will be there next year as the deer migrate for winter(except where they have been trained not to buy illegal supplemental feeding - generally by well meaning but ignorant animal lovers in town). The deer over the years here also have began shedding thier antlers already sometimes and some years still have them well into late Jan... seems to depend on how early the extreme cold temps hit(below zero). One buck last year still had antlers end of March...the snow was almost gone!

5. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    nice, congrats, it's addicting!