For those who run a side/back bar

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by lgreenslade3, Jan 25, 2016.

1. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Halon and I'm running a 10 in bee stinger up front and I'm having trouble getting my bow to balance. Its top heavy and whenever I try to hold my pin on the target I seem to have a hard time bringing it up to the target, its wanting to stay low. Will getting a side or back bar help this?

2. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Try it without the stinger. Seems like a back bar could balance this out but I assume this is a hunting bow and you may decide it balances better with less of a stab, less bulk and less weight to hunt with.

3. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I run a 12" bee stinger with a 10 degree offset. I also run a. 8" back bar. Recently I moved it to the bottom of the bow. Much better weight balance this way.
    IMO the weight and "bulk" don't effect me in the woods, but if I hunted In a blind. I could see there being issues with the front stab

image.jpg

And to answer your question. Yes. The back bar will make a huge difference. When properly set up. You won't have to worry much about leveling your bow because the left and right side wi be balanced and you will naturally draw your bow level. And also your up and down will stabilize. It takes time to get the perfect setup for you. But once complete. Your shot time can speed up quite a bit, and you won't feel like you are always shooting to low or to high

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  4. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you! I have an 8 in as well, I'm gonna go to my pro shop and put it on the back and see if I can get it to balance better. Hopefully that's the trick!

5. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your welcome

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Which bracket is that on the bottom stab?

7. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How does the bow act after the shot? Does it tip or jump forward, backwards or sideways? that is the best way to tell how your balance is. The problem might not be bow balance it may be the balance of your stance. When I notice that I am having to try harder to hold the pin up on the target, for me it is normally because I am not standing balanced, I am leaning forward to far.

If it is bow balance, a back bar would offset the forward weight, so before I would invest in the back/sidebar, I would try to drop weight from your current stabilizer or try a shorter one or without one and see if the balance feels better. If doing that makes it worse than your bow balance isn't the issue.