Foolproof Turkey Call

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by newyork103, Jul 1, 2015.

1. newyork103

newyork103 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im looking forward to my first Fall Turkey season and im still in the process of buying a lot of my hunting gear for the season. My question is what's a good Foolproof Turkey call to get, im a fan of the box style calls and any advise would be a great help.

2. Biz

Biz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It has been my experience that there is no fool proof call. It seems that different calls work on different days and in different areas. The best advice is to try 3 or 4 different types/styles of calls and practice, practice, practice. But, the most important thing to remember about turkey hunting....."Patience Kills Turkeys."

3. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fall hunting is a very different experience compared to spring in my opinion. In my limited turkey hunting experience, in the spring you call in turkey by using calls of the opposite sex whereas in the fall you're better off using the call of the same sex you are trying to hunt. I would find a roost by using a crow or owl call the night before and play off that. I like mouth calls and slate calls most.

4. bone_driven

bone_driven Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    http://lynchtraditions.com/product/lynchs-fool-proof-turkey-call/

Grew up turkey hunting with my dad and this is the only call he has used for 30 plus years. has killed many of turkeys with it and now that is about the only box call i will use. Its deadly if rhythm is right and time of callin is right just as every call i suppose. Strongly reccomend it.