Food Plot seed

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by marcuswagner12, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No I just can't see why at this point, December, that a urgent response was warranted. So little effort to do the right thing. How could you possible defend such an effort to do the wrong thing because the OP just wanted to and he admitted as much.

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Because it's a pretty minor infraction that in the scheme of things doesn't amount to a squirt of pee and I have every confidence that the mods of the forum are better equipped to do their job than I am. I find it hilarious that you're getting so bent out of shape over it.

3. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use Miller Seed out of Clinton, MO.
    Will mix anything in any amount you want.
    Great to deal with.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am really not pissed about it at all I am actually thankful that people just mail it in, somebody has to make the upper 20% possible.

5. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I second that.

SMH...Sota, you're not in the top 20%...you're one of a kind brother.:bhod:

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Can't fathom spending a second to defend an admitted lazy action and contend that others are foolish.

7. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    :lol:
    I'm not defending his actions, he posted a question that I thought I could help with, his sin wasn't my concern...that's the mods job..they can move it to the appropriate section any time they please. What you're taking to be my defense of his infraction is not a defense of his infraction but in fact is just me giving you a hard time for being too damn up tight. I was just trying to tease you into lightening up.

8. Justin21

Justin21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We have had great luck with cow peas? Or cow beans? We plant them in June and they grow great until a hard freeze but like mentioned above a local feed store will help you more for your area.

9. Freelance Bowhunter

Freelance Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well you definitely got more views by putting it here, if that was your goal. If you want more usable answers, you might try putting it where it belongs.

10. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Sure. It's in the wrong section. I will get it moved before you lose anymore sleep.

OP, you would be surprised how well represented the food plot forum is. Some great people hang out there and are active year round :)

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

11. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm glad it was here as it was easy to find and had some good input

mixed with a lot of whining about nothing.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will say this if there is a picture of a big buck on the front of the seed package you probably paid too much. I get seed from my local feed mill I plant a mix of clovers and alfalfa, works every year.

13. TheRiverBottom

TheRiverBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice to see the ladies quit bickering over where the sewing needles go.

14. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had different success with different types. At my in-laws the deer are hammering the turnip, radish, sugar beet, oat, wheat, winter pea, etc...... mix. At our place the deer haven't started hitting it very hard at all. The biggest difference that I can see is available food. At our place, we live in a farming type community. There are numerous fields of picked corn and cut beans around. We have the only standing beans around and there isn't any standing corn. Most of the crops didn't get planted this year due to it being so wet. Those places all planted radishes. Most of them aren't getting touched at all. At my in-laws the closest food source is about 2 miles away as the crow flies. Unless they are going to eat more hedge apples and locust pods they will eat the turnips.
    Since we rec'd the snow/sleet earlier this week I've kicked deer out of the standing beans on the way to or on the way home from work. In a few of the spots that were missed by the drill we planted turnips so the deer have both to choose from. We actually found a shed last week laying on top of the turnips which are in the beans.
    I've had great luck with lab-lab in the past. Like most of us have said earlier on we get stuff from our local seed dealers. I agree that the ones that have a big buck on them tend to be a little pricier than just seed. The only thing that I planted at our place and at the in-laws that was "name brand" was the soybeans. I use RWW soybeans. I've had really good luck with them so I use them. It is almost January and the beans are still in their pods. They advertise shatter resistant and so far they are holding true. This is just what we do.

15. nutritionist

nutritionist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received: