Food plot problem.

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Sticknstringarchery, May 10, 2011.

1. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I planted a food plot that is about a half an acre. I used Evolved Harvest Shot Plot. Its planted about 70yd from a pretty heavily traveled trail. The plants have grown to nearly 2' maybe a little taller. Right after i tilled it there were deer tracks all over it. I expected the herd to tear it up once it started growing good. Problem is nothing has touched it. I am starting to get frustrated. I thought by now it would be mowed down. I thought about cutting a path through the woods from the trail pretty much straight to it. Is this a good idea or should I just leave it alone and wait it out??

2. 07Tiger

07Tiger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just wait it out, don't mess with anything. There is a ton of new greenery for deer to eat right now, so just give them some time.

3. BOBSS396

BOBSS396 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where I live we don't see much use of the Brassicas until late fall or early winter. so just be patient for now as they are not very palatable until you have a good hard frost.

4. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with the wait and see :tu:

5. MD hunter

MD hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    brassicas are definitely more attractive to deer in the colder months. maybe try corn or beans they are a better suited summer forage.