food plot equipment

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by MichiganYoungBlood, Apr 27, 2011.

1. MichiganYoungBlood

MichiganYoungBlood Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i do plan on doing a couple of in woods food plots this year. yet i need some equipment just to get some dirt up. i plan on just planting thro and grow type seeds. anyone have any ideas for equipment that would work without having to pay to much? all ideas big and small are welcome

2. MD hunter

MD hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    if you have a atv buy a used small disc and modify it to work on a tav. you may have to have a local welder do that but it will work.

3. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For throw and grow plots all you need is a rake or leaf blower to remove the leaves in the woods. Or if there is vegetation growing maybe a sprayer to nuke it with Round Up.

Then scatter your seeds and pray for rain.

4. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I used a good old tiller I bought for $100.00. Yes it beat me half to death but, I was determined to get it done. It took me about four hours and a tank of gas to till 1/4 acre but I will tell you this, I am more proud of those plots than I ever imagined I could be. Like JMbuckhunter said though if you are using throw and grow all you need is a rake really. A leaf blower will make it a lot faster. Make for certain you have ample sunlight or you wont have much happen.