FOBs or Fletchings?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jake C., Aug 13, 2014.

1. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I subscribed to a couple Youtube channels and a several of the guys on them have been talking about FOBs and using them. Ive never seen anyone shooting these besides on youtube. Does anyone know more about these because these guys love them and say they will never go back to fletchings. Ive watched several videos now on them and they seem to be a legitimate product from what I've seen on youtube. Hopefully someone on here has used them and can give some insight on these things.

2. 1stsgtpinkerton

1stsgtpinkerton Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using them for 3 years now.
    Absolutely do not shoot for the same place twice, I have lost many arrows to robin hoods and even a double once.
    They cut through wind like butter.
    I love how when I shoot a blacktail the FOB pops off and marks my hit. Makes it real easy to pick up blood trail and pass through arrow recovery.
    You'll love them!

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I tried them, they did not work with my anchor point, they make more noise than fletchings.

4. gswartz

gswartz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My neighbor uses them and loves them. I was hoping to give them a try and at the time had a PSE Stinger. I called them and ended up talking to the creator/owner of the company who advised that I NOT use them because the bow wouldn't work well with them. He continued to talk archery stuff with me for a good 45 minutes knowing he wasn't going to make any money off of me. Great guy!

I just got a mission blaze bow and so I called them again to see if it would work with that bow. He said it should but on top of the bow he said you had to take into account the rest and whether or not it provided the necessary clearance and when the string is pulled to full draw, is there too much of an angle on it that it pinches the FOB. I spent all my $$ on the blaze, so I had to stick with a whisker biscuit (which don't work with FOBs). Maybe when the bank account recovers I'll look into a drop away rest and the FOBs. Hope that helped. Good luck!

5. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I looked at them. I would never consider even trying them.

6. joshua.waymire.1

joshua.waymire.1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The only way I would shoot them is for 3d shoots. They're way too noisy to hunt with.

7. 1stsgtpinkerton

1stsgtpinkerton Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Noisy? How? Fletching has three open fins that are not isolated within a frame, so they wiggle in the wind. Anything that wiggles in the wind at 315 fps is making noise.
    The FOB is isolated within a frame, not laying over or wiggling at 315 fps.

8. 1stsgtpinkerton

1stsgtpinkerton Newb

Dislikes Received:
    All year round, I shoot field mice in hay barns, but only with FOBS. When I hit a mouse, the FOB pops off and I'm able to locate my arrows every time.
    Can't do that with my fletched arrows. Yes, my fletched arrows have a purpose, bow fishing.
    But really, I rely on the extreme consistent accuracy of my FOB arrows for hitting mice at 15 to 20 yds out.

9. colton96

colton96 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with sota. dont shoot worth a crap out of my pse stinger 3g. sometimes they are noisy sometimes they arent... still wont take them hunting

10. IRUTTOO

IRUTTOO Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a pack I will sell someone if they want them...pm me