Fletch's 2019-2020 Semi Sarcastic BS Thread

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by fletch920, Feb 7, 2019.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  2. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They flagged each other so many times I lost count. However, I think their both kinda dumb. They accomplished nothing more than feeding the troll mob. I highly doubt they were ever under any sort of threat. They claim some of the protesters were armed.. yeah, it's a constitutional carry state, it's what the people voted in favor of. That and the fact that if someone would have had bad intent, those two would have got clapped before she could have ever pulled the trigger.

3. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  7. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  8. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, any of those in the group who were armed were committing armed trespass- that was private property. Admittedly I am not an expert in city ordinances or MO law as it relates to the Castle Doctrine; but those trespassers, especially any armed ones; were probably committing a felony and definitely stepping up to the line of justified use of force. Most importantly, the man is an attorney who has represented plaintiffs on multiple occasions on lawsuits against police departments; therefore I am bowing to his expertise on knowing what laws were being violated by the mob and his response.

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/missouri-law/missouri-self-defense-laws.html

"Missouri recognizes the "castle doctrine" and allows residents to use deadly force against intruders based on the notion that your home is "your castle." This legal doctrine assumes that if an invader disrupts the sanctity of your home, they intend to do you harm and therefore you should be able to protect yourself or others against an attack.

Missouri's law is more extensive than those of other states because it allows you to use deadly force to attack an intruder to protect any private property that you own, in addition to yourself or another individual. This means that if someone illegally enters your front porch or backyard, you can use deadly force against them without retreating first."

upload_2020-6-30_7-50-47.png

dbow and Shocker99 like this.
  9. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sure, sure. It would have been way easier to just stay inside, let them pass and avoid flagging a bunch of folks. Castle law is great and the first ones through the door would be great examples for the rest. For lawyers they're dumb, want to protect your property go outside and wave at protestors and smile. Want to lose you're business, go outside and wave a gun around but make sure you look like an idiot doing it. Not for nothing, our house is a short walk from the State capitol. We had a lot of folks parking on our street to go protest. First it was all the armed to the teeth protesting the lockdown, then BLM. Last weekend it was the Black Pro 2A group, lots of big black dudes carrying some serious AR's. Did you see me out brandishing a gun on national news bc some guy was catching some shade under one of my trees? No bc common sense dictates that I'm not being threatened.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Violent race riots and going out and waving is going to win you a friend? I agree with you Bob about going outside with guns was stupid but I do not think the protestors listen to reason.

11. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Do you live in a private gated community? They allegedly broke down the gate (so already violating trespassing laws) and per the couple were shouting death threats at them as they were in their back yard.

I can only take them at their word on that but if true they were completely within their rights. Smart? Debatable. Legal? Seems so.
    Kind of like open carry where legal...

12. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    From the Black Pro 2A group. I know some may feel threatened with these folks walking down your street but I just saw some Americans exercising their 2nd ammendment rights. Screenshot_20200630-091913_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200630-091858_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20200630-091840_Instagram.jpg

13. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No, I do not live in a gated community. I live in a Historic District and my house is almost worth as much as that place in St. Louis. But, they were shouting death threats, eh? How convenient none of that was recorded. Do you really think these folks were going to murder two people in broad daylight? Have protestors been dragging rich white folks out of their houses and murdering them?

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  15. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    BLM stuff. To be fair, their were also a bunch of fatter white guys armed to the teeth in tropical shirts too, whatever group that is. Lounge Chair Larry's is what I was calling them.

Sota likes this.
  16. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Back to funny memes.

Screenshot_20200630-085844_Instagram.jpg

17. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Well, why would the mob release recordings that make them look bad? It's not the homeowner's who were recording.
    As to dragging them out of their homes; not yet. They're saving that for July.

They did do this:
    upload_2020-6-30_9-35-33.png

and then shot Roman candles into/at private homes and threatened a local reporter (a Hispanic female, BTW) with Ak47s:

https://ksdk.com/embeds/video/63-45ad8f92-e410-4ebb-bff6-0e4d1486ee54/iframe?jwsource=cl

18. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First I'm hearing of that.

19. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I am not going to write their correct affiliation so as not to get flagged...but it sounds a lot like Doogie-Lou. Whack jobs. Same whack jobs that killed the DHS-FPS officer in California. An Air Force Reserves Sergeant, BTW.

axtell343 likes this.
  20. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly, the BLM folks were very cordial. I talked with the guy that had the AK in the pic, really nice and knew my aunt. The fatties in tropical gear were the ones that were staring at my wife eye banging her and acting like the fools they are, kinda half tempting you behavior. Dummies.