Fletching hitting rest

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SuperKirby, Feb 3, 2015.

1. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been having problems shooting any sort of a reasonable group. Generally I've been shooting to the left, and can occasionally put a couple arrows close together, but getting a presentable group hasn't happened. I've been assuming that I'm just a bad shot. The other day I decided to adjust the sight to try to get my arrows moved right. I moved the sight as far as I could and still shooting left. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the fletching is hitting the rest?
    So what would you recommend? I don't know if changing the brushes on the octane would be enough? I've also though about just changing out the rest altogether. If so what do you recommend? I've looked at everything from a Whisker Biscuit to a QAD HDX, plus a few in between.
    What would be best?

Look for the wear lines between the left and bottom brush.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Never have been a fan of the octane rest. Not expensive to get into a WB. Try paper tuning?

3. Bucks & Bulls

Bucks & Bulls Newb

Dislikes Received:
    With the hostage rest it's best to rotate the brushes every 100 shots or so but I would ditch that and put a drop away rest on. I would recommend the hdx. Some others are ripcord, limb driver, nap Apache and I think trophy taker has a good rest also.

Sent from my iPhone

4. TK-Leather

TK-Leather Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I ditched the hostage and put a Trophy ridge revolution 2.0 on. I LOVE IT. true full containment and fall away all in one. I have shot a tone of arrows and not a single problem.

5. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know the Whisker Biscuit style rests are popular and have worked well enough for most. But for the life of me, I never could understand why someone would want to induce fletching contact on purpose with these things. Too many good drop aways available that feature full containment to put one of these on a bow.

If you can afford it, switch to a quality drop away rest and leave this fletching contact nonsense behind.

6. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have you tried adjusting the rest itself? Im not sure how those work but it seems like you need to raise the rest a hair.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have thousands of shots thru my revolution with never a problem.

8. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

9. v3505

v3505 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The WB in my opinion, is not much better than the rest you currently have (crap). The WB is a hunting rest, and if that's all you plan to do with it, great. Its not an accurate rest for target shooting. Do yourself a favor and get a limb driven rest, like a Vaportrail Pro V. Its easy to setup and nothing will ever touch your fletches again. It's well worth the extra money to obtain easy and accurate.