Fixed Blade Broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by benwright22, Dec 17, 2012.

1. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I started off with Slick Tricks, then went to Rages, now I'm shooting Slick Trick Magnums. I just got tired of punching out the pin to swap blades in the Rages. I doubt I will stray from the Slick Tricks for quite a while. Killed 4 deer with them this year, nothing went over 50 yards.

Slick Trick Magnum vs heart:
    [​IMG]

2. Paul Inglett

Paul Inglett Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use Zwickey cliff 2 blade screw in broadheads and they are AWESOME. Fly like field points, hit hard as hell and leave a huge exit wound leaving a great blood trail. I've shot bone with these and have never had a head break on me

3. benwright22

benwright22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ihunt that is amazing. But that is how i feel about rages now, they work great but i am tired of struggling to change the blades. thats why i am looking into switching

4. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I killed my buck this year with a Slick Trick Grizztrick broadhead. It is the inch and a quarter model. They fly perfect for me out to 40 yards, which is all I need, and like other people have said they have thick .35 replaceable blades that are extremely sharp. I shot my buck a little foward and hit just above the knuckle. The broadhead shattered the leg bone and I got about 8 to 10 inches of penetration right into the vitals. The deer went about 10 yards and fell over dead. I don't think you can ask for anything more out of a broadhead.

After cleaning up the head the blades looked almost new. They were still straight and just dulled a little bit. The best part is that the broadhead spin tested perfect, not one bit of wobble to it. The ferrule looked brand new still. I will always have room in my quiver for spitfires and killzones, but now I have to have room for a slick trick too. For a fixed blade I don't think you can go wrong with slick tricks.

5. Cougar Mag

Cougar Mag Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Muzzzy MX-3 or Slicktrick. I love the MX-3 125 grain.......all steel head and flies great.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tougher the ferrule more likely I'll use, replacement blades also a must as I don't trust myself to put a factory sharp edge on. :)

I currently shoot Slick Tricks but they're not the only hard ferrule+sharp replaceable blades heads out there.

7. ruck139

ruck139 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not understanding your problem. No matter what broadhead you use you are going to have to either sharpen or replace the blades, so you may as well stay with Rage if you like them.

8. fairtondoeslayer

fairtondoeslayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i just got the new QAD exodus broadhead, look at the youtube durability tests done on them, they shoot the same head thru a metal 55 gallon drum 5 or 6 times without it breaking

9. Legion_Edge

Legion_Edge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    if used muzzy s in the past the 3- blade now I shoot the Muzzy MX-4 and just shot a diarrhea her hip bone than threw some ribs and blade looks and feels as if nothing happens at all. Muzzy Muzzy Muzzy and when they do where easy and fairly cheep blade swap

10. JJD

JJD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Same here.

11. benwright22

benwright22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ya i am realizing that more now. but i also want to go to south carolina for college and maby do some hog hunting so i want a broadhead that can go throught a hogs shoulded without breaking. i know a rage gets destroyed enough by a deers shoulder so i wouldnt dare on a hog

12. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are a few great fixed blade broadheads. Muzzy 3 blades work good, g5 montec cs, but in my honest opinion what works great for me are the tru fire T1 fixed blade broadheads, i highly recommend these to any bowhunter that likes fixed blades. They fly just like a fieldtip to about 50 yds. Also each pack of 3 that you buy you get a free set of replaceable blades for one of the broadheads, and they are really easy to change, takes a few seconds, and they are sharp, also a few bucks per pack cheaper than other brands. Highly recommend these!!