Fitness tips

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by charleshibner92, Feb 16, 2017.

1. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Some you the suggestions talk like the gym is right across the street. May be in some case but I bet 98% of the people reading this would have to travel a good distance to get to a gym and then only a school gym. Lifting weights will work to a point. Problem is that once you start you have to keep doing it, forever. When the time come you have to quit due to age, disabilities, etc. then what? ? For some the problem is their occupation. Sitting behind a desk or a steering wheel day in and day out sure don't help the weight situation so they HAVE to do something to keep healthy. I live on an acreage, retired at 76, cut firewood in the fall and burn it in the winter. That gets handled 3 times before it makes heat. Plus a thousand other cores that need doing. No problem staying active and eat the same year around, meat taters and gravy is my first choice. Will pick up about 10-12 lbs during the winter and that will come off in the spring, in fact it has started already. Keeping active is the big part of it and that is all your doing by the lifting and gym bit but you don't need to drive or buy weights to do it. Everyone's body is different. Don't let your weight get out of hand in the first place and your won't need all the rush rush stuff to correct it.

2. Huntzilla

Huntzilla Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man for a minute there I thought you were going a different direction (anti gym) lol but you're right. If you're sweating and you're muscles burn you're working out. That simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am not anti gym. I wouldn't do it but that don't mean I am against it. Step daughter was way over weight. 37 now and a year ago she got involved in a program called "Cross Fit". This is an exercise program designed for those that are way over weight and want to do something about it. Has a good trainer, reasonably priced and it works. In the year she has been doing it she shed about 40 lbs, give or take. Started bench pressing 50 lbs. In Dec of '16 had an exceptionally good day and hit the 230 mark. Any of you that want to loose check your area for this program. Hers is offered through YWCA. Good luck.