Fishing thread.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fletch like with a putting green, but no pool. Although I need to talk to him about some insurance.

fletch920 likes this.
  2. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Do you remember Hit 'n Baby Crawlers? Same set up as these but the worm always had a big white dot. Screenshot_20200718-203329_Chrome.jpg

fletch920 and virginiashadow like this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice. I like fishing for that moment when there is a jerk on both ends of the line.

outdoorjoe likes this.
  4. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Neighbors pond tonight caught a lot of small one and 1 pig. There always fun on 6lb test. Friggin pics are sideways.

Attached Files:

5. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stop drinking before you take the pic. :evilgrin:

6. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Should have told me that before:beer:

Sota likes this.
  7. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol. No one listens to old people. So its just easier (and more fun) to just poke at someone after the fact. Lol

8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fishing sounds great this week. Too bad its gonna be 105 every day. Yeah not happening.

9. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had a great trip to the Northfork of the Clearwater River, spent Sunday through Saturday there. Chilly in the morning with it getting into the low to mid eighties during the day. Water was lower than I expected for the snowpack we got and the wet spring, but very cold water to wade in still. There didn’t appear to be a main hatch occurring that the cutthroat were feeding on, but my old faithful para-hopper pattern produced like it normally does for me. The average fish size was lower than normal, or at least it was until I caught on that the bigger fish were feeding in some pretty fast current in the evenings. The only casualty of the week was the left rear CV boot on my 09 grizzly 700, it tore as I loaded it back up to head home. Perfect time for that to happen if it had to. Some pics of our camp, the river, and the best Cut I landed for the week.

Attached Files:

10. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That looks awesome!
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Mod-it likes this.
  11. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fresh walleyes are on the menu for dinner tonight...

We didn't limit out but had a blast trying. Temps got to 96 on the lake Saturday and we had 3 foot rollers... Made for some bruised knee caps!

Most the eyes were 15-17 inches. None I cared to share a picture with but great eating none the less.

Gotta give Kudos's to a local eats place we found by our lodging... If your ever in Fremont OH and want a great fish dinner try out Tackle Box 2

12. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sota likes this.
  13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    What an epic day with my daughter today. So many memories. Start the day with me catching a 3lber right out of the gate. I then get skunked for 2 hours. She hammered the fish today on nightcrawlers. I'm guessing she caught 15 catfish and another 10 fish. These drunk redneck kids with their girlfriend came down to us and just wanted to shoot the breeze. Both of them going into the Marine Corps soon. I cut up a fish for them and tried to help them catch fish but they were falling all over the place and one was hitting on my daughter.

Well the last hour of the day my daughter locked into a great fish. I had also casted and stopped reeling to help her when I felt a hit. Did a one arm sidewinder hook set and locked into a great bass. So here we are battling together. We get our fish up to the bank together...mine a nice huge bass and hers a 7 to 8 lb channel cat. I tried to get a double pic of our fish but she took a pic of mine and then like a bozo she tried to lift the fish out of the water with just the line and it popped off and fell back in the water. Her best fish ever.

Then as we are leaving we round the bend and see two bare butt teenagers having sex on an inner tube!!! We busted out laughing and the kids never missed a beat. So much fun. I love this kid. Pic of one her medium sized catfish. 20200721_202038.jpg 20200721_193026.jpg

ash d, jrk_indle84, Mod-it and 2 others like this.
  14. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Crush them. River fishing is a very close 2nd to bow hunting to me. I had my best day in some period of time today. Caught at least a dozen bass half of which were between 2 and 4 pounds. Caught them on a 5' ultralight and 6 pound test.

20200728_192723.jpg 20200728_185147.jpg 20200728_175515.jpg

15. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love bass fishing on an ultralight rod/reel combo rigged with 2 lb test. All my buddies always give me **** about how I am going to hook up with a world record fish or something and end up losing it because of the lightweight gear and 2lb mono. They don’t seem to realize that I am usually bass fishing in pretty open water and you can easily catch 20+ pound fish on 2lb test as long as you have your drag set right, there aren't a lot of rocks or branches nearby, and your willing to commit to a 20-30 minute fight. And for the non-trophies it’ll turn a basic “reel-it-in” fish into a real fight. Plus you can cast it a country mile. Sucks for tying on hooks and lures though.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Sota, dprsdhunter and virginiashadow like this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That approach sucks with pike in the waters.

17. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve never had a chance to fish anywhere with pike but from the looks of those teeth I imagine that they would make short work of 2 lb mono, or a finger or anything else that gets too close to the business end of that fish.

Sota likes this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to spoon dragging tonight. I finally got the power pro line on the reel so I will be ditching the leader.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am a firm believer in using light line it makes a difference. My walleye rods are all 6 pound test, as are the general rods for bass.

20. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, first salmon trip of the year. Cant believe we havent been out in the boat since early june

Sota likes this.