Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

First year

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by UPSER, Oct 8, 2011.

1. UPSER

UPSER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone. This my first year hunting with a bow. I'm 45 yrs old and the only reason I have waited so long to bow hunt is because I'm a little colored blind and not sure if I could track a deer in the woods with out snow. I don't want to be a hunter that can't find a deer because he can't see a blood trail on the forest floor full of brown and red leaves. I thought I would try it this year only because my brother-in-law has bugged me for the past tree years.
    So I bought a Parker blazer bow to start out with,in hopes I'll do ok and then upgrade. But the first time I can't find a wounded deer I'll sell the bow and give it up. If anyone has any suggestions for me please feel free to comment.
    Look forward to being a part of this site, since this site has a lot of info, not only in articles but from its members too..Thank you and happy hunting

2. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not finding a deer is part of hunting sometimes. You shouldnt give up just after one. If your brother in law isnt color blind have him help you track the deer. Good luck to you!